• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. magnetnerd

Just hit 200k Miles...Maintenance?

Just hit 200k miles on my 1995 Ford Ranger that I've had since 2003 when I bought it with 48k miles on it. It was my first vehicle that I bought when I was 16 and while I'm planning to replace it, that probably won't happen for another year or two. I'm going to do a front end refresh soon (new...
  2. magnetnerd

New shock height and brand suggestions

Two new threads in one day; that's a first for me. I'm putting a couple leveling coils in the Ranger, and I figure that while I'm at it I should go ahead and throw some new shocks at her too. 1. Do I need to get longer shocks to compensate for the taller ride height? I'm thinking not but I'm...
  3. magnetnerd

Tie rod end boots are toast...replace with poly?

Hey, This might be an incredibly dense question, but here goes anyway: One of my tie rod end boots has ruptured, but I don't think the inner/outer tie rods actually need replacing. 1. How do I know if my tie rods need to be replaced? And, are the inner and outer tie rods typically replaced at...
  4. magnetnerd

Good replacement headlights?

Does anyone know where to get some decent replacement headlights? I don't want anything fancy, just something that won't break as I'm installing it and has a decent light output. In other words, probably nothing from ebay unless someone has had an awesome experience there. Usually lighting from...
  5. magnetnerd

Brake pedal pulse

Hey guys, The brake pedal has recently started to pulse pretty badly when I'm coming to a normal stop from 45mph or faster. The pulsing is fairly violent, yet it doesn't move the steering wheel much if at all. Because it doesn't move the wheel and because my drums are original at 180k, I...
  6. magnetnerd

New Drums...recommend a brand

What the title says! I'm putting new drums on the rear and need some recommendations for replacements. Are NAPA ones any good? BTW, I'm not looking to upgrade to discs or anything, it's a DD so I just need something to hold me over for another 180,000 miles or so. :headbang:
  7. magnetnerd

alternator or something else?

A couple days ago my low battery light came on. I went to Advance and had them check my battery and alternator, both of which checked good. (the battery was low though, and it's only a couple months old) I noticed that the light shuts off at higher rpm's (higher than I usually drive), but it...
  8. magnetnerd

Blown Motor Mounts?

I'm experiencing typical symptoms (shifter walks over badly when I'm in first going up a hill or really getting on the gas), so I'm assuming my mounts are shot. I grabbed a couple pics of them, I guess at this point for reference more than anything. How difficult of a job is this and where's a...
  9. magnetnerd

Clutch: Optional Non self-adjusting or self-adjust?

Title says it all...which should I go for? The cheapass in me wants to go for optional non self-adjusting because it's $50 cheaper, but the self-adjusting is (apparently) OEM. And I don't even know what the difference is.
  10. magnetnerd

Trans acting up out of nowhere

1995 Ranger, 2.3L 5 speed, ~160k on the clock, original clutch. My truck started acting up on me yesterday basically out of nowhere. Symptoms: -On occasion, it was difficult to put into first gear when fully stopped. Sometimes it was nearly impossible, and other times it went in with ease...
  11. magnetnerd

magnetnerd's DANGER RANGER build

I've been a member here for a loooong time, but rarely posted. I don't know why. Not much of a talker in real life or online, I guess. Anyway, I've had my Ranger since I turned 16, and it looked like this: I'm 24 now. When I was about 21, I started doing some small mods to my truck. I got...
  12. magnetnerd

Pics of decals

I'm thinking about adding a RANGER decal (from the TRS store) on my truck. But I always like to see what other people have done to get ideas, so if you have any cool decals on your truck, post 'em up!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad