• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cracked Head Answer

If I am posting this in the wrong section just let me know. I have a 98 Ranger with the 4.0 OHV engine on its 3rd set of heads, after years of questions with no solid answer I finally heard one that makes sense. I was told that Ford had heads cast in two different locations, one of which used an...
  2. Uh oh

98 Ranger 4X4 4.0 with over 200K miles. Alright folks, I spent the past month or so gathering all the needed pieces parts that I should need to replace the timing chain on my truck. I was doing all my homework by reading through the shop manual before diving into it but I'm a bit concerned. I...
  3. Cast vs Aluminum Timing Gears

Hello all and please forgive me if this topic is posted elsewhere, I looked but didn't see it. I'm collecting the parts to change my timing chain and wanted to know the pros and cons, other than weight and price, for cast iron vs aluminum gears in the timing set. I may document and photo...
  4. Cam Position Sensor

Please forgive me if I'm not doing this properly or if I post this in the wrong place. I recently changed out the cam position sensor in my 98 4.0 Ranger. When I compared the new one with the old one I noticed a difference and decided to do a little more investigating and I'm glad I did. If I'm...
  5. 5.0 Swap

I'm new to this posting/thread stuff so forgive me if Im doing this wrong. It's beginning to get expensive replacing heads every year on my 98 4.0 so I was able to get the majority of the drivetrain from a 96' F-150. I have the 5.0 engine, tranny, transfer case, front drive shaft and computer. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad