• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dishtowel

7.5 pinion tooth count

7.5 gears, 3.73 gears and 4.10 gears. Do the pinions have the same tooth count? can I just swap out carriers and ring gears?
  2. Dishtowel

Request for pics, extended cab, short WB

I'm planning a rig #2 I want a gen1 ext cab with about 110-120" WB, depending on what I do for tires. With no real box, cause it will be backhalved. I know it will be UGLY without any box skins on it. I'll get over it, cause it will be functional. Any body out there with a Extended cab rig...
  3. Dishtowel

D44 outer onto D35, pros/cons

If this is broken down in a previously posted thread, please point me in the right direction? Thanks :icon_cheers: Running a wheezer 5.0L with a D35 front (4.88 gears) and worn out 36" Iroks. (measure about 33-34") I'm running the $$$ heavy-duty 3lbs jeeprear hubs. They are awesome. I...
  4. Dishtowel

Snowrolling

FINALLY got my 5.0L running like it's supposed to. Only took a year....:annoyed: Went out and had a pretty good day romping in the snow with my pal running a stock B2 on 32's.
  5. Dishtowel

something to big in my rear

So, I swapped in an 8.8. Looked at the available uptravel space on my driveshaft slip joint and thought "That looks like JUST enough, parhaps I'll tend to that another day" MISTAKE Went out wheeling, flexed and climbed hills and other such stuff. No problems. Then I drove over 3-4' windrow...
  6. Dishtowel

omg, awesome

all cars should aspire to this level of performance http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/player/index.php?vendor_id=204&video_id=9183 I got the shivers half way throught, thats how awesome this is.
  7. Dishtowel

sprocket tech Q

I need to draw a 5' sprocket, for 140 chain. 1 3/4" pitch. 107 or 108 teeth. For gears teeth I use mastercam to draw the involute, but sprocket teeth are different, anybody know how to achieve the correct sprocket tooth profile? thanks in advance
  8. Dishtowel

Threashold of pain, D35

I knowiknow, the D35 gets talked about almost too much around here. But, I have a question. Will it take abuse like this and be OK with it? 36" Iroks + wheezer 5.0L. Sorry for the quality, just a cell phone vid, the sound REALLY sucks, and you will probly have to crank your speakers.
  9. Dishtowel

Aftermarket throttle cable

So, I spend WAYYYY to much and bought a Lokar :bling: throttle cable (I didn't buy it for the bling) and it BROKE. Who else (what brands) might make something like this that I can get to replace my over priced piece of Lokar broken-ness?
  10. Dishtowel

Pffffffftt

One day I will have onboard air, cause I think it is wicked cool. Step 1: get a compresser. (one Viair 400, check!) Step 2: Get tank. (check!) Step 3: put compresser and tank in rig. (hmmmm) It appears I have some poorly designed exhaust in the way. I plan on getting that doctored...
  11. Dishtowel

Out with the big boys

So, I finally got to go out with the local 4x4 club. They are a cool group of guys with some HARDCORE rigs. Only two hardcore's came out for a little Sunday run. 4 trucks in total. The club president: Red XJ, D44, 9", 40" rubbers Club member: old CJ7, chev350TBI, 44" boggers Me: 5.0L...
  12. Dishtowel

Because 35's kick butt (manymany pictures)

So, I was bored today and I bolted on my 35"s. I knowIknow, I have to do some fender trimming, but that dosn't make them any less awesome. The original 29" stockers. One 35 on. All them on
  13. Dishtowel

Teach me to deal, HARD

Hello Gentlemen (and ladies) I am new-truck shopping. The two top contenders that have caught my interest are the Ford Explorer Sport Trac (whatamouthful) and the new Tacoma. I looked at a Ranger. I decided against it based on interior room. End of story, sorry. But, lets talk about the...
  14. Dishtowel

shaft length

Explorer 8.8 Are the shafts the same length?
  15. Dishtowel

Rocking the stock rubber (pics,vids)

So, I had 32" TSL's. My local club requires that you have 35" rubber, so by a happenstance weekend I sold my 32"s and picked up some rubbed down med/poor condition 35" tires on the same day. I grooved the 35"s up, but I havn't had time/opportunity to put them on new rims yet. When I peeled...
  16. Dishtowel

I wish I was this clever

The below picture is my drawing, but the perch is not my idea. I just thought i'd share it with you guys. I plan on doing this in the future. The center pin hole size is not marked because IIRC there is different size of center pin heads, I would start with a 1/2" hole then just drill it...
  17. Dishtowel

.... All week

I seen computer models of it before, and that was really cool, but seeing it in real life was soooo much cooler. (This is my 5.0L) AND check out what my dad dug out of the shed. He built this from junkyard parts when he was 16-17 and has kinda tinkers with it when he can. He put a...
  18. Dishtowel

Is 10" too much?

So, I have always wanted wide tires, for floatation in my normal types of terrain. Tires cutting and sinking leads to diffs and axle dragging in the goop and that is lame. I was very excited to get some new rims. I got some 15"x10"wide rims. Now i'm becoming worried that 12.5 wide rubber...
  19. Dishtowel

One of these is not like the others

booooooo to re-useing head bolts. Just get new ones when you do a rebuild.
  20. Dishtowel

Damaged Head gasket

Hey guys, so, last trip out, the thing that I was afraid of happening happened. I dont have a good system for controling my electric fans on my rad, I just have a plug hanging out infront of the core support. When I drive I have to plug it in, when I stop I have to unplug it. BUSH LEAGUE, i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad