• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. another problem on my fourth now 99 4x4 this time

Dad called said he is sick of his ranger. Asked me of I wanted it for a hundred bucks. I love rangers and b2s and jumped on in. I knew reverse was out dad drove it like that for 4 years I kinda know the truck. Motor is solid trans other than reverse Is solid. Near the same era 4x4 would not...
  2. my B2 2.9 in 4wd pulling a 5.8 F-250 2wd down the street

I dont know why but me and my father in law were having a beer and i was currious so i brought it up and went into it thinking that heavy v8 would pull me down the street. DID NOT WORK OUT THAT WAY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-Cp4wrdyA
  3. rebuilding the 2.9 (old main and rod bearings images.)(any input on the wear shown.)

I bit the bullet and decided to rebuild the second motor before i drop it in. The current motor is ticking like hell with low oil pressure but i think that it will hold out during the rebuild. In pulling the replacement apart to check the condition i found 2 bent push rods, and a...
  4. I bought the B2 (pulling the 2.9 tips and tricks ?)

Well i got the bronco that showed no Oil pressure. I put a gauge on it and it is reading very low. I drove it home around a hr trip. The test drives that i took were mostly back roads at around 45-50. I pulled the trigger and said hell with it if the motor is failing ill throw the other one in...
  5. dummy oil press gauge broke ?

It has been a while since i posted as the ranger never recovered from what ever the issue was. I have recently stumbled on a decent 91-92 Bronco 2. Over all the body is in good shape as is the int. the tread isnt half bad ither. The guy is selling it thinking the oil pump is out and worried it...
  6. coil question pics of what im talking about posted

I have lost the wire / silver item i belive is a resistor that bolts to the coil/ground that runs to the air intake manifold grounded. can i do with out the silver item ? http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/vpcoded/874x4ranger29.gif http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/vpcoded/left.gif...
  7. Alright Rangers I've messed my Dizz Gear up-I'm a Idiot

Took the truck 4wheeling this week end A long hard steep run then a mud filled valley a lot of fun and new battle scars for the truck. This is not the problem but I would have made a lot of ranger owners very proud of how capable the truck was or very angry for the complete disregard for the...
  8. 87 4x4 ranger 2.9l (Sill looses RPM Code 31 also seems to exaust from intake) HELP!!

Here is the run down Started out as a 500 dollar purchase has now turned into one hell of a project. Symptom-On start up the truck drives as it should. After driving 20 min or so I am able to reach less RPMs to the point I am shifting at 2 grand due to this being the rev limit. If i down shift...
  9. Quick fuel injection wiring question.

Im kinda slow and when i was pulling my fuel rail and injectors I noticed my connectors to drivers side were already marked with red dots and it appeared the othe 3 were left with out a mark so i was going to use this to place them back didnt look at wires. Im reconnecting them now and notice...
  10. Looses RPMS When Warm (couldnt blow it up warm if i wanted)

Truck status. ! 87 4x4 ranger 2.9. Work preformed I know of. Top end gaskets all replaced (prev owner) New gas tank (prev owner) He also stated the plugs wire and oil had been changed in the not distant past. I belive the truck sat a few months due to the oil pump being out so he parked it.. I...
  11. part name ? lower front side of eng on drivers side.

Im looking for the name of a part on the drivers side front bottem half of motor almost touching bottem front half of motor mount . looks like a bolt with a large round head something on top of that with a wire that capps it small part i have a oil leak from the upper half of it and going to...
  12. 87 4x4 2.9l ranger changed oil pump now have to keep key turned to keep running

I just purchased a 87 ranger with a oil press issue i jacked the motor and tranny up and changed the oil pump in doing so i removed the intake man, air box, distrubeter cap, and starter. I have now put the truck back togeather and it will not stay running with out keeping the key turned almost...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad