• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TimV

I should win a prize...

For the most miles on the original green coolant in a Ranger. 12 years, 125,000 miles. Here's what it looks like now:
  2. TimV

3.0L running very rough

Had a problem spring up on me out of nowhere tonight on my ride home. Came to a stop sign, waited a bit, and went to take off and the truck sort of chugged off the line through the gears. It was a very noticable shake from the engine. Came to the next stop sign and it was idling very rough...
  3. TimV

Wheel hubs gone bad?

My Ranger just started making some weird noises from the front end in the last few days. Almost like a light metal on metal sound. Not a grinding sound however. It gets worse going around corners. Almost like the brake pad is dragging on the rotor. However, I experience no pull, and I just...
  4. TimV

Ranger's mad at me...

It seems I have made my Ranger a bit unhappy. I recently purchased a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon as a fun vehicle, so I don't total the Ranger offroad. Well, I have been driving the Jeep the last couple days because I needed to take it for inspection. Went to pick up the Ranger tonight, and...
  5. TimV

TimV's '99 Ranger 4x4

Thought I would post up some pictures of my truck. Seems like the cool thing to do. No clean pictures, all the pictures I have are wheeling it. Check out how twisted the body is in the last picture. The body line in the side is about 2 inches from where it lines up at.:icon_thumby...
  6. TimV

Squeal on startup

My 3.0 makes a very weird squeal on startup. It is worse when everything is completely cool, but it will also do it warm. It only lasts for about 2 seconds and then goes away. It doesn't come back until I have to start it up again. It sounds like it is coming from the front of the engine. I...
  7. TimV

Leaking transfer case?

My transfer case seems to be leaking from the seal where the two halves join together. There is a noticable amount of fluid on the case. It does not seem to be leaking enough to spot up the driveway though. How hard(how much time) would it be to drop the case and put a new seal in it and bolt...
  8. TimV

New guy from MD

Hey guys, new to the site. Just looking around here, I have learned a lot of stuff about these awesome trucks. I know I have put mine through hell and it keeps running strong. Only put $40 into it other than regular oil changes and tires since I got it over two years ago.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad