• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 96 ranger interior rebuild.

I have a 96 ranger that has that blue-ish gray interior. It is getting pretty tired and I am tired of looking at it. What I would really like to do is an all black interior. I have been trying to locate info on the web as to what each year model had for interior color options, but I am not...
  2. 96 ford ranger 4.0 swap

I am interested in doing a swap on my 96 from the 4 banger to a 6. All the FAQs seem to deal with models before 95. Am I right in thinking that if I get a 4.0 out of a ranger or other doner vehicle that is the same year or newer that I will need the engine, exaust, wiring and comp, and mounts...
  3. Rusty coolant

I am having rust issues in my cooling system stemming from an oversight from about a years ago. About a year ago I popped a lower rad hose off the radiator and lost most of my coolant. Replacing a bad hose clamp fixed the issue. However at the time I couldnt refill it with coolant and had to...
  4. Help- 96 ranger strting problems

96 ford ranger 4 banger FI I need to have this fixed by tomorrow so i can go to work. I need help narrowing the problem down so I can fix it fast as i dont have alot of time to do the work. Here are the symptoms. When key is turned to acessory volt gauge only goes up to 1/4th instead of...
  5. 96 ranger diff rebuild.

I have a 2WD 96 ranger daily driver with a 7.5 ring gear diff in need of rebuild. I am looking for a quality rebuild kit that will last and maybe give some added strength. I pretty much need everything spider gears, carrier, ring and pinion,axels and bearings. Not looking for a huge boost in...
  6. 96 ranger FI 4 banger 2wd Diff question.

Has any one installed a diff back plate that has filler and drain plugs intalled or has any one retro fitted their plate to have these features?
  7. 1996 FI 4 banger bucking at high rev.

I have a 1996 FI 4 banger. It started bucking at higher revs under load toward the run out for each gear. Normaly I would have tried to diag and fix the issue myself but being a new parent and all my time is limted for such things. So I ran it by a "trusted" shop Ben white automotive in south...
  8. Ignore this acidental post.

Ignore this acidental post. (Mod please delete) Sry for the double post. comp flipped out.
  9. Clutch

96 4 cylinder FI 4 gear with overdrive and a reverse. 2 wd So I am back to where I was before I pulled the tranny and replaced all the clutch system parts. The pedal goes down to the floor and the clutch engages and disengages right at the end of the pedal travel. I have a new master...
  10. Transmission re-install

96 4 cylinder FI 4 gear with overdrive and a reverse. 2 wd So I have finaly got the (*&^@# tranny out replaced the clutch and the slave cylinder and the master cylinder. Now I am trying to get the damn thing back in and I cannot seem to get the tranny and the block of the engin to meet close...
  11. 96 for ranger shifter removal HELL.

96 4 cylinder FI 4 gear with overdrive and a reverse. 2 wd I am currently trying to remove the shifter from my wife’s 96 ford ranger so I can drop the transmission and replace the clutch system. Easy right? NOT! The freaking shifter is held on by the oddest bolt ever. It is a threaded rod...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad