• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2002 ford ranger automatic

Well after 231 thousand my automatic 2.3 transmission blew out. I was wondering what other transmissions will bolt up to my motor. Im not sure if the older 2.3 bell housings are the same. I know the 2.5 are the same. any help would be great thanks.
  2. 2002 2.3 automatic

The clutches in my ranger are tearing themselves apart and it no longer will shift properly after 232,886 miles. I was wondering what other trannies I could put in it so I can get it back on the road. I heard that a 2.5 had the same bell housing I dont care if it is manual or automatic. thanks...
  3. 83/87 f350 6.9 popping

Ok I started another project. I bought a 83 with a good motor so I pulled it and put it in my 87 crew cab and I went to start it yesterday and it is popping through the intake. I cant tell if it has a blown head gasket a bent rod or what. I just cant see why it wont run now but it started right...
  4. New Truck wont start

I bought an 89 ranger 4cyl 5 speed with a repuilt motor bored 60 over. It wont start. First the fuel pump wouldnt come on so I replaced. Then it started but shut off. I replaced the fuel pressure sensor to see if that was the new problem and its still the same. For some reason the coil only gets...
  5. 2002 vacuum line

Its a 2002 2.3 automatic. there is a vacuum hose on the back of the motor that rotted off and i can hear it whistling. I was wondering where it went, I cant seem to follow it. And can you just replace it with just a regular vacuum line?
  6. picked up an 02 ranger for cheap

The other day my 302 blew up so I got on craigslist and found an 02 ranger. I went and picked it up for 350 dollars. Its a 2.3 automatic single cab short bed. It use to be a pool company truck with 168 thousand miles on it. Besides the bed rear frame and bumper being rotted out its a good little...
  7. the 302 isdead

Well yesterday I ran the ranger really hard. I raced a cop, and won by the way, then I hauled 2 and a half tons of steel to the junkyard. On the way home the motor started knocking. I drove home and now the engine is dead. Im starting from scratch again. I picked up an 02 ranger yesterday for...
  8. power delay

Well I finally got everything working and drivable but now when Im just trying to slowly gain speed it jerks so to say. Like it has power than it doesnt kind of thing. I cant figure out what it is. Cause the moment you floor it it opens right up and goes. Any ideas on what it could be? Its a 69...
  9. 302 cam help

Well I finally got my motor running better today and took the valve covers and noticed the cam is wore bad. Its not getting as much compression in those cylinders that the cam is the most wore in. Now Im getting a cam but not sure what to get. I want it to be recreation and towing. I have a 69...
  10. bad hesitation

I got the entire truck done the other day and now it has no balls. its top speed is like 25. Its a 69 mustang 302 with a edelbrock carb on it. when you hit the gas it sputters and slowly climbs rpms. I put new plugs new wires on it and still no change. I tried timing it and still no change. its...
  11. radiator

I have no room for anything but my 4cyl radiator without a lot of cutting I was wondering if I could use my stock one with a fan and shroud on one side and electric fans on the other and if it would cool alright. Also need driveshaft help
  12. 92 ranger rebuild

I never did a thread when I decided to make my 92 4cyl 4 wheel drive, but now Im doing one for my v8 swap and straight axle. I have a 69 302 from a mustang with msd hedman headers 4 barrel intake edelbrock carb and what not. Throwing in a gear to gear 4 speed from a 79 and a gear to gear t...
  13. 302 swap into my 92

Alright well the last two weeks i have been swaping a 69 302 in my other ranger. So far Ive got all msd ignition, edelbrock intake and performance carb with chrome all over and what not. For a tranny I used a 70s 4 speed and t case modified to dual stick, both gear to gear and freaking heavy. I...
  14. 302 ranger

As a lot of you know I have been trying to decide weather to run a 302 or a 2.3 turbo. Well she is getting a v8. I have everything in and running with tranny and driveshafts, all msd ignition chromed out with blue valvle covers and block. I made a home made adapter to put a tk 5 speed behind it...
  15. core support

Yesterday at a cook out that we had with a bunch of members from my brothers truck website went mudding in a pond we have out back. Well needless to say I drove through the center and water was up to my mirrors. I almost made it out till I got hung up on ruts going the opposite direction on the...
  16. Vacuum Problem

Ive had a problem with my idle for a while now and today after cleaning it I found two lines that go to the vacuum box thing on the drivers side were broke. Would these you think give me an idle problem? They are tiny lines that go down the driver side frame rails and then they are broke off. Im...
  17. darkening headlights

I have a 92 ranger and i want to make my headlights black or dark. I was wondering how to go about doing this. Also if anyone had any pictures of theirs done. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks.
  18. Diesel Bronco Dually

Well I finally uploaded some pictures of my buddies bronco. Its got a dana 60 front with a 7.3 diesel and semi wheels. Hes got a 5 inch lift with 6 inch stacks. I couldnt figure out how to put them on the page but they are in my albums under other trucks.
  19. Another tranny bites the dust

Well six months ago I blew my fm145 out running 40s on my truck for a year so I decided to rebuild an fm146. Well I down graded to 35s now and they are skinnier as well and today driving to work it sounded like the syncros were grinding. I think I split the 4th gear one again. Ive had this thing...
  20. 93 6 inch skyjacker

One of my buddies wants to trade me his skyjacker 6 inch for my 351m but Im not sure if it will work on my 92 ranger or not? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad