• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. djkommando

explorer interior swap

anyone know if the dash from a 99 explorer limited will fit in an 04 ranger? i expect a lot of electrical since i want all the fancy gauges and switches and auto climate to work. the reason for this is since im looking at using that explorer for parts to aid in the 5.0 swap and the ranger i have...
  2. djkommando

5.0 redo . new truck, old motor

Not really sure what to search for so im just gonna post it. I currently have an 86 ranger with a 5.0 MAF / EEC IV setup. Whats the best / easiest option to run this engine in an 04 ranger? OBDII would be nice but if he current setup would swap over without much issue (PATS?) Id leave the...
  3. djkommando

hydraulic clutch swap quick disconnect fitting

a while back i when i put the 302/t5 in my ranger i ran in to an issue w/ the quick disconnect fitting. i looked around and all i could find was a "universal" adapter fitting to -3AN. this did not work. so i decided to make my own fitting to solve the problem. it connects to the stock clutch...
  4. djkommando

1 wire alternator help

i put a 1 wire alternator on for my ranger 306 swap and i realized that its not charging even tho its brand new. i read somewhere that you gotta take it to like 3000 for it to start charging? is that true, or should i just say screw it, since i read its not the ideal setup, and switch to a 3g...
  5. djkommando

83-92 clear tail lights

not sure if anyone posted anything about this or not, but i couldnt find anything. does anyone know where i can find the tail lights that look like the stock ones but are a "textured" clear lens? i have the front and side markers and i need to find the rear ones. please let me know. thanks
  6. djkommando

Stealth Ranger Build

well im finally at the point where the engine is going in so i decided id start a build thread to show whats goin on and also to make it easier when i run into a stupid problem someone can help out. also i will use as many pictures as i can since i know people here always want pictures. so here...
  7. djkommando

throttle cable bracket

well i searched around for a while and couldnt find anything so here goes: im using the explorer intake and throttle body and mustang egr spacer and dont know how to get the throttle cable hooked up since it will have to pull towards the drivers side to work. if anyone has this setup let me know...
  8. djkommando

wiring help

well i finally got the engine just about complete and i started ripping things out of the ranger today when i realized that the wiring harness seemed to be the engine and body harness together. i got a brand new main harness and a fuel injection and o2 harness and computer for the engine. so...
  9. djkommando

ACT sensor help

the problem is i have an 87 ho block w/ gt40p heads and intake and now i have nowhere for the ACT. whats the easiest way to put one in? do i have to put a hole in the intake like the stock mustang one or by the looks of the one for the explorer it may go in the plastic intake hose. if thats the...
  10. djkommando

Fuel Rail Help

im to the point where i get to put the last few things on the engine and im looking at the fuel rail from the mustang and the only way it fits the explorer intake is w/ the line connections on the front right. (doesnt seem right) or should i get the returnless line for the explorer w/...
  11. djkommando

ranger custom emblem

i just happened to find 2 of these emblems at the junkyard and had no clue they existed. then i started to paint them and they got screwed up cuz i was at the bottom of the can, anyone have a clue where to get new ones?
  12. djkommando

bronco axle upgrade

what im wondering is, is it relatively simple to swap a d50 3/4 ton ttb into an 87 bronco and keep coil springs. im thinking of this because i have access to the axles for free and im running 40s on half ton. or would i be better off leaving it alone and waiting to put 1 ton solid axles in when...
  13. djkommando

302 swap help

i have an 86 ranger 2wd that im going to put a 302 out of an 87 mustang in it. my biggest problem that i found after reading is that the mustang uses a cable clutch for the t5. whats the best way to make the t5 work or is there a better trans option out there. oh and by the way, im plannin to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad