• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Brake Line Fitting Question (97' 4L)

Brake Line Fitting Question (97' 2.3L) I put in all new brake lines, using the polymer coated ones from NAPA, and I connected most of it, unfortunately, I think I got the wrong fitting to connect to the master cylinder, and may have stripped the hole there. This has made me somewhat concerned...
  2. Broken Rear Shock Bolt...ideas?

This is a bad picture, but it's the passenger's side rear shock absorber post (I think that's what you'd call it). I noticed the threads are ruined. I noticed there is a kit that I can get to replace it, but it'd require a lot of grinding/cutting to get the old one out. Any ideas as to what I...
  3. Fuel Tank Filler - Small Crack

I didn't see a forum that fit, so I put it here, if it's the wrong spot, sorry! I decided to pull off the truck bed in order to take a look at everything underneath (I'm fixing the brake lines, parking brake, and the fuel tank straps) and took the opportunity to inspect the stuff I now have a...
  4. Replacing Brake Lines...what is this, how do I remove it?

I'm a "first time" mechanic, and I am working on fixing up my '97 Ranger, starting with replacing the front and rear brake lines with stainless steel tubing (b/c I never want to do it again!). Initial Post http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58350 Anyhow, I've started to...
  5. Fix it or Junk it?

I've got a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD 2.3L with ~130k on it. I got the car as a hand me down from an uncle a year ago with 100k on it, so the repair/ maintenance history is somewhat unclear. Recently the brake lines heading to the front brakes from the master cylinder sprang a leak. After trying...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad