• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. problem found or another symptom?

1991 4.0 2wd ranger, I think my TPS may be going out but i'm not positive. A while back the truck would idle at 1300 plus and I fixed that by rotating the TPS counterclockwise as far as it would go. It now idles around 800-900 in park, but if I hit the gas it will hang around 1500 and slowly...
  2. hard shifting transmission

I almost think this is not a transmission problem but I am not sure so in here it goes 91 ranger 4.0 2wd with the a4ld auto trans, when I start it and shift into gear the revs climb and and it shifts very hard into gear. You can hear the engine rev up before it shifts, and then when it goes...
  3. 1st gen a/c into 2nd gen?

I may have the opportunity to pick up a complete a/c setup off a 83 ranger with the 2.8 motor for free. My ranger is a 91 with the 4.0. I assume the a/c compressor will not work, but what about the condensor, heater box, controls, etc?
  4. stereo question

I'm not sure if my stereo is rigged but I figure it doesn't hurt to check. 91 ranger with stock stereo system, am/fm/cassette. It has a digital display that is kinda screwed up but I figure thats par for the course. THe issues that I have questions on are: 1. Does the stereo have any...
  5. my 91 ranger

Last week I flew to colorado to pick this truck up from my sister. My grandpa bought it new and since he passed away by brother and sister drove it. Well my sister didn't need it anymore and was letting it sit, rather than let it rot I flew out and drove it home to idaho. It's a 91 regular cab...
  6. how accurate is the coolant temp gauge?

The temerature sending unit on the 91 4.0 ranger I picked up a few days ago was trashed, would barely get to the N on normal. I replaced it with a new sending unit and now it is reading very high. After flushing the coolant and changing out the thermostat for a new 195 degree one it sits on A...
  7. Old wives tales that work

I've always heard that putting an egg in your radiator will fix a leak. Mine started leaking so I decided to give it a shot. Cracked two eggs and poured them into the radiator. Sure enough, the leak stopped. :D Anybody have any others?
  8. Idles at 2500

I just picked up a 91 ranger 2wd with the 4.0 and auto trans. When I initially start it it idles right where it is supposed to, but after 10-15 minutes of running at 65 plus, when I put it into neutral or part it will idle at 2500 and not drop down. When I shut it off and restart it it idles...
  9. picking up a ranger thursday

First post, and I think you guys might enjoy the story. So way back in 1991 my Grandfather (RIP) bought a brand new regular cab ranger, 4.0, 2wd, auto trans. In it's travels it has been the first truck for my brother who used it for transportation while learning the electricians trade in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad