• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mike828

Overheated, diagnostics not showing anything

So I've got a 2000 Ranger with a 4.0 and when I went to work a freeze plug blew out and it overheated. Got it towed home expecting the worst so I put in a rubber plug, filled with water and it fired up and ran fine idling for about about 30 minutes. Had some bubbles in the reservoir that went...
  2. Mike828

Stupid 2.9.....

1987 Bronco II. Put new-used '87 2.9 motor in it last winter. Used '92 ecu to remove EGR. Put in new- in-tank fuel pump/sender/sock fuel filter coolant temp sensor map sensor oil pressure sensor air charge sensor plugs and wires 'rebuilt' the injectors clutch/pressure plate/flywheel Ran great...
  3. Mike828

87 Bronco 2 issues

Had to put another engine in it, also an 87, but I'm using a 92 Ranger brain. It runs great in my driveway, but it seems to sputter and try to die (sometimes it does) when coming up the hill to my house. I did manage about a 3-4 mile test drive including up the same hill twice last night with...
  4. Mike828

Explorer seats

Picked up some 94 Explorer leather Eddie Baur buckets. They are power but how can I tell if they're heated? Or were any heated in 94? Where would the switch in the cab have been?
  5. Mike828

Need some advice.

What's up guys, yes I'm a noob and no expert, but need some friendly advice and thanks in advance.. I have a 2000 4.0 OHV 4x4 auto with 106,xxx and it started misfiring in #3 cylinder. Pulled the plug which had 6,000 mile aprox. and it's fouled. Put in a old from the last swap and it ran fine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad