• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. c_note

Allow me to re-introduce myself...

so yes, i've been gone for some time. and yes, i did sell my ranger, or should i say traded in, for my Audi A4. however, i just couldn't part with the truck and i ended up buying it back for less than i traded it for (long story). so now i have my daily driver and the ranger which will be...
  2. c_note

8.8 explorer and fx4 shaft length???

are the axle shafts from an 02 fx4 the same length as say 98 explorer axle shafts? im tryin to do some custom stuff and need to know the actual answer. im not looking for the, " they should fit" answer. Thanks in advance
  3. c_note

finally got some pics... what do ya think?

i did an sas with a 03 rubicon dana 44 retaining the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. it has a Detroit Locker, 4.88 gears, Teraflex high steer knuckle, Warn manual hub conversion kit, Alloy USA tube seals, Alloy USA chromoly shafts, Sway-A-Way 10" coilovers and a custom driveshaft built by Inland Empire...
  4. c_note

running lights not running on a 2002

so i got in my truck at 4:45 am and went to turn on my lights. my head lights were on but no running lights or any of my guages either. im curios to know if anyone has experienced this before. i think it just may be the swith so if i get one from the yard, ill be good to go. electrical systems...
  5. c_note

new to Maryland... where to wheel?

so i just moved to maryland just north of baltimore and wanted to know of any good places to go wheelin. ive also been looking for places to go and shoot. theres a few ranges but i want to shoot out in the open and sight in my new rifle. if anyone know of any good places, hit me up. Thanks
  6. c_note

c_note

so i haven't been on here in a couple of months. im not sure if i missed much or if anyone even noticed. since then i did a SAS on my ranger with a dana 44 out of a jeep rubicon. its geared with 4.88s and a detroit locker, chromo shafts, warn manual hub conversion kit. i used 10" sway-a-way...
  7. c_note

Happy 233rd Birthday

I will soon celebrate in a tavern like our founding fathers. Oorah and Semper Fi.
  8. c_note

SAS power steering lines

for those of you sas ranger owners or just plain experts... what size threads are on the power steering pump lines? im planning on doing my sas on labor day weekend so i plan on getting my lines ready to connect to the toyota box. if theres anything any pointers, send em. thanks gents
  9. c_note

fab shops

so ive had some good and bad experiences with some fabs shop. i just wanted to share my opinions on some shops and also like to see what other shops you may recommend as well. Datin Fab - http://www.datinfab.com/ the first thing that comes to mind is customer service. when ive ordered a few...
  10. c_note

i wanna see sas coilovers pics

i picked up a set of the Bilstein 9100 rock crawler coilovers with 12" travel and wanted to see some coilover setups. i mostly wanted to know how you set the coilovers... either at 90 degrees when fully stuffed or just any options that i have. id like to see some pics from TRSers. ive seen many...
  11. c_note

WTB skyjacker leafspring bushings

i bought a used set of skyjacker leafs a while backfor a 97 ranger. the fit great but the bushings are shot. i was wondering if anyone knows where i can buy a set of bushings online or if anyone know the demesions of the bushings and the bolt size so i can buy them at an offroad shop. thanks!
  12. c_note

98+ steering and brake lines for SAS

i wanna see some pics of steering and brake lines on SASed rangers.
  13. c_note

dana 30 sas

i was looking through ebay and i ran into this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-FRONT-DIFFERENTIAL-With-Axles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46104QQihZ012QQitemZ220233588941QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW it looks as if the right knuckle is a high steer knuckle and it has a factory...
  14. c_note

3/4 or 7/8 pin

i have an explorer rear end from a 99 open diff 3.71 gears, 31 spl. i was wanting to know if i have the 3/4 or the 7/8 pin in the spider gears?
  15. c_note

my damn pvc valve

ive been having a oil leak in my motor on the back side of the valve cover which looks to be the pvc valve. i was wondering if i have to remove the valve cover to remove the pvc. and if so, how hard is it to replace the pvc valve? btw, i was hoping this could be the reason why my truck has a...
  16. c_note

craziest vehicle recovery...

well i guess id say the craziest vehicle recovery would be using a horse and a rope. working on a large ranch, we would have to load our horses onto a trailer to get anywhere on the ranch in a timely fashion. sometimes out on the range our bone stock chevy trucks would get stuck miles away from...
  17. c_note

need help... not shifting

well my father-in-law's car (1993 lincoln continetal auto tranny) wont shift out of park. he was gonna get out to switch with his daughter so she could drive but when she went to shift, it wouldnt move out of park. he disconnected the battery for 20+ min, checked all the fuses and when i got...
  18. c_note

dana 30 sas

so as of now, i have everything i need for an sas but i ran into a problem. what springs should i go with? i have the jeep xj coils but the way they are set up is the opposite of the ranger. i have coil buckets for a 97 ranger 2wd. are the coils from a 2wd and a 4wd ranger a different...
  19. c_note

8.8 disc brakes

i just replaced my factory 8.8 with the explorer 8.8 with disc brakes. i hooked up all the lines and bled them. i still am not having the braking power that i expected. so what do i need to do to get the rear discs more pressure? i had more stopping power with the drums as of now.
  20. c_note

8.8 spring perch angle

so i got a new explorer rearend and since it spring under and i need spring over to work on my ranger, i wanted to know what angle the spring perches should be at. i looked in the tech library and i think i read everthing but that so i wanted to see if anyone know whats an appropriate angle. im...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad