• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. anchorshot

Anchorshot's 2wd Build

We've been adventuring in this truck for the past 4 years, it hasn't changed very much and remained fairly stock...until now. Here's what I started with: When we started exploring more remote places we upgraded a little bit, slight torsion bar crank with 31's and a topper (later went from...
  2. anchorshot

Auto Transmission Scraping Noise

First off I have a 2WD 2004 3.0L with an Auto at just shy of 150k miles. We just went on a 2500 mile trip and while on it started hearing a scraping noise. Since we've been back I've determined that it only happens when shifting at high RPM's (3500+). It's a quick metal on metal scraping noise...
  3. anchorshot

Topper change?

Can someone with some PS skills paint the topper a sand color? http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5553/dsc03180hq.jpg Any help would be appreciated.
  4. anchorshot

Noob question and lug nuts.

I ordered the Crager Soft 8's and they should be here today. My question is, can I use the stock lugs on my 04 Ranger Edge, or do I need a special set? Also, from everything I have read, all Ranger Wheels are lug-centric. Correct? Thanks
  5. anchorshot

sdtrucksprings.com

Has anyone purchased new springs from these guys? I'm due for some new/upgraded springs and would rather go new vs junkyard.
  6. anchorshot

Airing down. 15x7 or 15x8?

I am in the market for a new set of wheels and I have decided on the Crager Soft 8's. What I'm not sure about though is size. I know I want a 15in rim but not sure on width. I currently have a set of 31x10.5 BFG's and I air down a lot. My main question is will it be better to air down on the...
  7. anchorshot

Bad coil pack?

Misfire A little over 20k miles ago I was having these same issues. CEL indicating that both bank 1 and 2 are lean, misfire in cylinder 1, and misfire detected within first 1000 revs. (P0316) I changed my coil pack out and it fixed the issue. But now 20k later I'm having the same problem...
  8. anchorshot

Squealing after replacing brakes....

I replaced the rear brake shoes, cylinders, and hardware the day after Christmas. Today I noticed a squeal from the driver side. I think something is rubbing. I'm away from home, and can't jack the truck. What do you guys think?
  9. anchorshot

Rear Leaf Springs

My driver side leaf spring is almost flat. The passenger still has a little curve to it. I have a camper shell on and carry medium to heavy loads a couple times a month. I am thinking that I need to replace the springs but want to see what you guys think? Possibly swapping in some Explorer...
  10. anchorshot

Starter wire?

I am installing a dual battery system on my Ranger and I am wondering how I can splice into a starter wire so that the solenoid will only run while the truck is running or the key is in the run position? I don't know if this will be easier, or if tapping straight into the alternator would be...
  11. anchorshot

Has anyone painted their Edge wheels black?

I am thinking of painting mine black, but leaving the cap chrome. Has anyone done this before, any pics? What do you guys think?
  12. anchorshot

Air bag question

Not entirely sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here it goes.... If I install a Add-A-Leaf, will the air bags still work without modifying the way they are mounted? I have the Firestone Sport air bag system installed.
  13. anchorshot

Parking Brake Light Help

While driving, my parking brake light is coming on randomly and then turning off. Sometimes turning off within seconds, sometimes it takes half an hour. Any ideas? Could it just be a sensor?
  14. anchorshot

Torsion Key Question

By just installing new torsion keys, and not adjusting the torsion bolt, will the new keys lift the front end?
  15. anchorshot

Fabrication Work in Tampa FL

Does anyone know of a shop or anyone that does good fab work in the Tampa FL area?
  16. anchorshot

Winch Mount? Ideas?

Hey guys, I am looking to install a winch on my 04 Edge. It's 2wd, and was wondering what the best way to go about this is? Is it easiest to just fab up a new front bumper?
  17. anchorshot

Premature Wear from Lockrite?

What parts will/can wear prematurely from using a Lockrite locker other than tires? How fast will they wear out from your experience?
  18. anchorshot

Mod Suggestions

Not sure if this is the right forum for it but here it goes... I have a 2004 2WD Ranger Edge and I want to get it ready for some mild trail riding. I know it's only a 2WD but I want to be able to take it to some National Parks for some camping as well as the occasional trail. So....what should...
  19. anchorshot

Ebay Headlights

Has anyone used these before? Any pics? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-08-FORD-RANGER-BLACK-HEAD-LIGHTS-COR-NER-LAMPS-05-06-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a2004Q7cModelQ3aRangerQQitemZ220660083035QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  20. anchorshot

3.0 Performance Pulleys

http://www.stuffforyourranger.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_30_36&products_id=163 Has anyone used these? Are they worth it, can you see the difference?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad