• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. thebison

Cab swap, starting problem

Hello everyone, Im doing a cab swap from a cab I accquired from the junkyard, Im 95% sure all the connections are connected but I still seem unable to get any power for a turnover. The only weird thing I can think of is my ignition switch seems to have no resistance or spring back when trying to...
  2. thebison

b4000-ranger cab swap

I looking for a cab because I rolled my B-4000, today I found a ranger cab of the same year (97 ex cab) im going to be taking it home with me next week unless there are any reasons why its not compatable, if anyone on here has done this, will everything line up exactly? as far as I know it...
  3. thebison

ford trac-lok to locker

I want to buy a locker for my 8.8 ranger rear end but it comes stock with the ford traction lok, Ive read that you can't install a locker in these rear ends, only if it was an open rear end. are there any lockers out there that will fit? or is there a way to take the trac lok completey out to...
  4. thebison

tranny

im doing a tranny oil change for 97 mazda b4000 m50d tranny what oil does this take and how much
  5. thebison

the warn jeep hubs

im going to go order some warn jeep hubs for my ranger and throw my ranger warn hubs on my b-4000, what year of jeep and what front end would i ask for when ordering my hubs?
  6. thebison

<shock mounts position>

i finished doing my 8.8 swap i cut and welded my leaf spring mounts on in place and now i have to weld my shock mounts on, i was thinking about it and i want to weld them on so there is no hang down from the mount so pretty much equal with the axel. will this affect the way my shocks will be...
  7. thebison

"spindle nuts" quick easy question

im replacing my auto hubs for my new warn ones, and when i took the auto hubs off, on the axel shaft theres ususally that c clip, then a retained needle barings inbetween to washer type things, well it didnt have those in and i remember dealing with those on my other trucks axels, do you need...
  8. thebison

my truck undergoing custom radius arm

A bunch of pictures of my rad arm customization, didnt get everything, and is not in order but here goes.. http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj254/thebison134/lisascamera193.jpg http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj254/thebison134/lisascamera188.jpg...
  9. thebison

IN or OUT? radius arm question

im mounting my custom made radius arms this weekend "tube added onto existing radius arm" the stock arm is slightly turned in a bit and if i extend them i was just going to weld my 1.5 inch sched 80 tube onto where it tapers down into the threads, if i do this the tube will be on the inside of...
  10. thebison

the "8.8"

i pulled my 8.8 out of my explorer yesterday, and i was wondering what that big rounded weight thing was that was bolted to the front right side of the diff? and why is there an electrical connection attached to the diff? what is that for?
  11. thebison

custom driveshaft

hey all, im swapping in my 8.8 this weekend, im going to need the bigger u joint flanges as my trucks an 88, so while in the process im going to cut the exlplorer driveshaft and my existing one to make one solid drive shaft for the rear, im going to try and balance it myself as there is no...
  12. thebison

"Help"-Sticking Purge Control Valve

hey i have a 97 mazda b4000 should be same as the ranger, anyway my check engine light was on and i had to bring it to the dealership,anyway they scanned for codes, and said my systems running lean due to a sticking purge control valve. has anyone here ever replaced that? and how hard is it to...
  13. thebison

radius arm mounting angle

im about to fab up my extended radius arms, ive already got the design and the materials, but i was thinking about where to attatch it to my homemade drop bracket, and was wondering if it matterd if it was on a slight up angle, or should i keep the radius arm flat and have a longer drop bracket...
  14. thebison

One step away!

alright i went to the junkyard took anouther look at the waggy d44 and i tried to get it for 150, because i dont need the gears, and the brakes are shot, and ill be puttin new u joints in and stuff, he wouldnt take the offer and said 250 no lower. so i just took off home and thought about it a...
  15. thebison

waggy axle/leafs

Alright so i got my 88 ranger ready to get under construction, i went to the local junkyard and spotted a waggy D44 and im going to completely restore because it has sat in the junkyard for quite a while or must of because it was under a crap load of or random axels, its the only one in the yard...
  16. thebison

clunking 4wd

hi, im living in kelowna b.c and it snows alot here and i have to get to work early every morning, i have a 97 mazda b4000, and i have to engage the 4wd just to get out of the driveway! yah ridiculous. but even going up some hills or going down the street i need the 4wd. but heres the problem...
  17. thebison

dana 28 P.O.S

im sick and tierd of my dana 28 axel, ive been busting axel shafts left, right and center. every time i go out to do a difficult trail "pop" there she goes again. the eye;s of the shaft just mangle and the universal is disintigrated. pics soon. and after replacing the driver side "once again"...
  18. thebison

same engine?

i have a 97 mazda b4000 with the 4.0 v6 is it the same engine as the ranger or did mazda put there own in there.?
  19. thebison

heater

i have a 97 mazda b4000 supercab, i cannot get the heater to work, it will spit air but only cold air, its cranked over to the hot but Still only cold air comes out, can someone help me out? whats the problem and how do i fix it?
  20. thebison

mazda B 4000

im looking at this truck, its a 1997 mazda B4000 SE. what are these like compared to the ranger, are there any faults with them? are they better then the ranger? and whats the deal with the SE?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad