• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sputterin,jerkin, coughin !!

Hey Guys, Me and my 87 2.9 (orig.owner) Ranger barely made it home. No warnings...It would cut out at 55 mph, then sputter till I'd clutch an rev. I'd drop a gear a mat it and temporary seem to clear it's self. It worsened the remaining 13 miles home. At times I was convinced it was electrical...
  2. drive-line bearing ?

HELP !! I replaced all 3 of my u-joints (2 drive-line Ranger 4X4) on Thursday and on Sunday the middle , (I don't know the proper name,they said "carrier"bearing at the parts store) went out. Looked like an easy fix..... I can't get the short yoke piece off. I tried under the truck, then removed...
  3. EVAP smog tests (CA)

Anybody find a reasonable source for the 'filler neck' scam ? I was quoted $400 for the fix. I'm the original owner of my 87 and this is most bull sh*t obsticle I think I've came accross yet ! Any help will bee appreciated.......thanks:icon_twisted:
  4. Running rough--lack of power....no more !

I've been slowly trying to get my 87 2.9 to run like it should. I did the basics;pulled a plug or two, changed the fuel filter,(cleaned k&n air filter), replaced vacuum lines, battery cables, cleaned all sensor and electrical connectors, pulled the codes and even swapped out the computer and...
  5. Groundhog Day........

My 87 2.9 samething, different day... In the last 2 weeks;installed new battery cables, fuel pressure regulater, ignition module, on distributor. The stock tail pipe is rusted with holes along with a 10 year old turbo muffler I cut off to see if it would help the surging and lack of power...
  6. Help !!

I am the "Original" owner of my 1987 XLT 4X4 'Midnight Blue' supercab. Last summer.08, it started running rough,( 4 or 5 cylinders) loss of power, hesitation, bad fuel mileage) and stalling while letting the clutch out. I started with the no-brainer stuff; (K&N)air-cleaner, plugs,(wires are...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad