• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. militarydave

Where can i purchase exhaust manifold bolts???

Can anyone direct me where I can purchase 6x new exhaust manifold bolts for my 89 xlt 2.9? I finally got the truck repainted (myself, in my garage) and put everything back together and was going to get it re-registered/inspected for the state inspection to renew my registration but I was told it...
  2. militarydave

Accelerator Pedal Bolts (to the frame)..fell out while on hwy

As i'm driving back from scrapping an old Nissan Sentra and some other scrap metal in my 89 5spd longbed ranger... I'm going about 70-75mph while some tundra decides to try and beat me as they're merging onto the highway... I ease off the accelerator and ride the clutch a bit, and when i lay off...
  3. militarydave

Losing (power) in 4th gear - (flaring up) - but only in 4th gear

Hi Everyone. I have a quick question that maybe one of you can assist me with before taking the truck in to a tramission shop. This is for my 1989 Ranger XLT 2.9 V6 5spd I've noticed that when speeding up (to merge on the freeway for example) and i shift into 4th gear, i can hear something...
  4. militarydave

Heat Shield

Does anyone know where I can get a self-adhesive heat shield? I need one to put in between the transmission and the cab floor(ing). When I drive, the whole bottom of the floor/seat/shifter gets extremely hot. I looked underneath the cab, and there is no heat shield material left where the 5spd...
  5. militarydave

Rear Brake hose(s) - not pumping fluid into wheel cylinders 89 XLT 2WD 9in rear Drums

Sup fellas... a week ago, as i was coming to a full stop at a red light, i applied the brakes on my 89 xlt 2wd 2.9L 5spd. stopped as normal, but felt a judder on the front right. next day i lifted the truck, replaced the pads (for free, under warranty) and had the rotors resurfaced, as well as...
  6. militarydave

need a seat belt....

So i took my truck get the stupid annual inspection for the state of texas, and it "failed" because my seat belt is frayed (its got a little rip on the width of it down seam). so of course, i paid the annual $44.00 to get the sticker re-newed, and the local shop failed me becuase its a "safety...
  7. militarydave

Quick Question...!

really quick fellas.... Just wanted to "confirm" on something. I'm changing the differential fluid/gasket (possibly diff cover as well).. but I wanted to make sure my 89 2.9L 2WD Ranger XLT Long Bed has: 1. the Ford 7.5 Inch (or does it have the 8.8 inch...? if so, how would I know) 2. the...
  8. militarydave

Time to paint the ranger!

sup dudes! Well my Blue 89 XTL standard cab / long bed is now due for a paint job. I'm starting to see a few rust marks on the hood, the sun has eaten the clearcoat on the hood, roof, and bed rails. I want to get it repainted at like a Maaco, or an Earl Scheib, but was wondering if anyone here...
  9. militarydave

stainless steel (braided) radiator/vaccum hoses

I've seen these on a few pictures of a few rangers on here - (upper/lower radiator hoses - and a few vaccum lines)... do these make any differrence? do they last longer than regular hoses or it just for looks. also - i looks like Spectre is the only ones that carry them. any thoughts?
  10. militarydave

Iacv?

sup fellas... so my lil ranger 2.9 is running a bit rough at idle. it idles at about 1500 rpm (i thought it should be set anywhere from 750 rpm?) as it warms up, it kinda sounds like its struggling for air and it drops to just above the 1000 rpm level. I'm no genious, but sounds like the IACV...
  11. militarydave

Really Hot under Shift(er) boot?

Sup Guys! So, As I'm Driving my 89 XLT 5 SPD, I notice that just above the transmission (the floorboard) where the shifter boot, carpet and underneath the seat - Just down the middle of the cabin, it gets SUPER HOT. I mean, the carpet heats up, the bottom of the seat where the 60/40 begins...
  12. militarydave

Water leak from passenger side wheel well?

Hello everyone, My 89 2.9 Ranger is leaking water from appears to be a hose connecting to the heater core. It only leaks when the truck has just shot off. I can see a little grommet/nipple from the passenger side wheel well and it drips ever so slightly. does anyone know if that has a plug...
  13. militarydave

1989 Ranger Passenger Fender get super hot??

hello all, what would cause my 89 ford ranger to completely heat up the passenger's side (RH) fender, the relays, the bumper, the battery, and everything to a scorching 113 degrees with a thermal temp gun. would it be the ignition relay, fuel relays, the wiring? it doesn't blow any fuses, it...
  14. militarydave

Fuel Pump Relay Question....?

Gentlemen, alright, so I've lifted my bed of my 89 XLT, replaced the fuel pump assembly/strainer/sending unit, etc. i put new wires leading from the pump to the engine bay, all is well, except...... There are 2 relays underneath the fuse box underneath the hood. 1 is a green 4 prong which...
  15. militarydave

Truck died.....!!!????

hey everybody, so last night i'm driving my 1989 XLT (2.9L 5spd) home from about a 20 mile trip - i was in 5th gear doing about 75mph, when the truck slowly started lose power. The steering wheel got stiff (which I thought that one of the belts had snapped and the battery had finally...
  16. militarydave

Replacing U Joints - Have no clue what i'm doing!

Before everyone laughs, scoffs, shrugs, uses profanity against me... (LOL) I've never replaced a U-joint, so i recently bought "front and rear" ones. I have an 89 2.9L that when I shift gears "i can hear the metal clanking when the clutch engages. I also got underneath the truck, shook the...
  17. militarydave

1989 5spd clutch issue???

i'm having trouble shifting when at a red light, coming from neutral to first gear. seems like the shifter get stuck (even when the clutch is ALL the way in) and i basically gotta force it in, after attempting like 3-4 times until it catches. new shifter? clutch? not sure what model tranny i...
  18. militarydave

temperature gauge dead

recently my temp guage remains on C, even when the truck is warmed up. coolant temp switch or temp sensor? and just in case that isn't the issue.... anything else i should look for? :icon_welder:
  19. militarydave

Towing with a Tow Bar - pix incl.

ok guys... here's the deal. i need to tow this car: with this truck: with a tow bar. i have a ball on the rear bumper of my 1989 XLT 2.9L V6 (5SPD) with no tow package. just the ball hitch. the car is a rolling chassis.... with the bumper off... just the 2 bumper mounts. is there...
  20. militarydave

Temp Guage (dash)

ok mhy temp gauge quit working. cable is fine (connected) and i replaced the coolant temp switch and temp sensor..... still doesnt work any thoughts?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad