• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Friction modifier in my manual trans???

I've got 260K on the truck. I changed my slave cylinder 2 weeks ago and when I drained the fluid it was almost black. I put fresh ATF (Dextron/Mercon) in it. Now the tranny whines a bit. Not having any problems but just annoying. I know the friction modifier helps with the rear end & folks have...
  2. Why does my clutch keep getting air in the system?

I'll bleed the slave cylinder & it's fine for about a week. After that the pedal gets soft & will only disengage the clutch with me practically pushing it through the floor. Here's the crazy part...I have NO loss of fluid. So if it's leaking somewhere I sure as hell can't find it...
  3. Did my 1995 2.3L come with limited slip?

It's got 3.73's in the 8.8, but it only does a "1 wheel peel".
  4. PO401 code Insufficient EGR Flow

I have been chasing a bad mileage gremlin. I do not have a CEL, but since I'm at my wits end to figure out why my mileage sucks, I stopped by NAPA & used their scan tool just to see if anything showed up.........well this did. I've read the DPFE sensor could be the culprit, but I'm not...
  5. Tips, tricks, & plain ole' good advice for changing the heater core?

Well, when it rains it pours. Heater core took a dump on me yesterday. I read the tech article on this site & in my Haynes manual. I know the dash has to come out, any tips from the folks here that have done this??? Thanks in advance.
  6. How much does exhaust (mufflers, etc.) affect gas mileage?

Over the past few months I've somehow "lost" about 3 mpg. I was averaging about 21mpg on my 1995 4 banger/5 speed super cab. I was getting about 425-450 miles out of a tank (20 gallons I believe), now it's about 360. Motor seems to be running fine, no codes. Fuel filter & air filter are always...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad