• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 B2 2.9l runs well then will not start

I am back to trying to find the recurrent no-start problem in my 87 2.9L B2. It will start when cold and run well but will not re-start when hot. OBD codes are 34, 84, 87, 33. There are two red vacuum lines that plug into the reserve vacuum tank under the air filter box. One of the red...
  2. Could this be vapor lock?

My 87 BII 2.9l has less than 5000 miles on its total makeover. The engine has had no problems until this week. There have been three episodes when I have driven the truck 10 plus miles, shut it down for a half hour, and it will not start. Cranking fine but no start. In each occasion, after I...
  3. timing cover coolant passages

I removed my 2.9 front engine cover because of a coolant leak at the upper drivers side corner. There are no positioning sleeves for the coolant passages but the Fel-Pro gasket set has o-rings that look like they should go there. So my question is: Do these coolant passages (that carry coolant...
  4. Driveshaft question

86 BII 4WD. Is there a front and rear to the cv joint driveshaft? The one that fits my BII looks the same at both ends. I have a rebuilt driveshaft that is too short to fit but it has a sticker on it that says "This end toward transfer case." That sticker makes me wonder if there is a...
  5. Which transfer case and which two driveshafts?

I am working on an 86 BII 4WD that used to be someone else's project. I have reinstalled the original manual transmission. The previous owner was trying to swap it for an automatic. So now I have two transfer cases and two sets of driveshafts. The transfer cases look identical except the...
  6. I need a piolot bearing part number

There is a pilot bearing that presses into the flywheel for my 4WD BII. Every parts store I go to only lists the bearing that mounts in the crankshaft. Can any of you BII guru's give me a part number so I can get on with my project?
  7. pilot bearing question

I am building a 4WD BII. The 2.9 I am puting in it came from a 2WD Ranger. When I picked up the flywheel from the machine shop the pilot bearing had been removed. That is okay since I would replace it anyway! The problem is: The new pilot bearing I have appears to fit into the crankshaft but...
  8. M50D-R1 swap

I know you guys must be tired of seeing this question but after searching the forum and tech libraries I haven't found the answer. So here's the problem: I have an 88 2WD Ranger extended cab with 2.9 engine and 5 speed Mazda M50D-R1 transmission. I need either a whole different transmission to...
  9. M50D-R1 hard shifting into reverse and 5th

My 88 Ranger 2.9 5speed has been very difficult to shift into reverse and 5th gear. The other gears are shifting well. I have the transmission out to replace the clutch so it is a good time to fix the shift problem also. With the top cover removed I can easily, by hand, slide one thru four...
  10. Swaybar bushings

I need swaybar bushings for my '88 2WD Ranger Supercab. I have tried several local parts stores. They all have the two cube shaped bushings that mount to the frame crossmember but no one even has a listing for the two doughnut shaped bushings that slide onto the end of the swaybar and u-bolt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad