• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front axle shaft bearings

Hey all, I have a 2004 Ranger 4.0, Auto. Lately have had this oscillating howl/hum coming from my front end which is indicative of a wheel bearing, along with a very slight vibration, but thought it could have been my tires so I've sort of let it go until I could further investigate. So I...
  2. Just bought a 3.0 with coolant issues

Hey all...It's been a very long time since I've posted on these forums. I've been a member about ten years here and have always been in the 4.0 forum posting. So I just bought a 1996 Ranger with the 3.0 and a 5 speed. I know the truck well and knew of the issues before purchasing it. It has had...
  3. 2004 Ranger Temp Gauge problems

Recently on my 2004 4.0, the plastic housing that holds the thermostat had split at the seams and made my truck look like a steam engine going down the road. Originally, I think the culprit was a bad radiator cap combined with heat and cold conditions outside...anyways onto my problem...I took...
  4. Changing front left axle shaft on 2004 Ranger

Are there any pointers or tips on changing the front left axleshaft on my 2004 Ranger? Anything I should look out for while I'm in there? Any special tools I will need? I noticed the last time I changed the oil in my truck that the axle shaft had a little bit of slop where it meets the...
  5. 2004 Ranger starting problem

I have a 2004 FX4, 4.0, auto, 91k miles, and when I came home from the gym last night, did a few things and jumped back in it to head to my fiance's, I hit the key, and the starter turned over for a brief second before it acted like what appeared to be a dead battery. So I got the keys to my...
  6. whining from rear axle

I've had a rear axle whine on my 04 that I have had taken in to get looked at. It doesn't change with RPM's, only speed. I had the pinion seal replaced about three months ago due to it leaking. Anywho, I took it in for the noise just because it's under warranty, and thought maybe the pinion...
  7. Antenna lookin thing on windshield?

On my 04 there is a little module above the rearview mirror on the windshield that has antenna lookin things coming out each end of it. Anyone have any idea what it might be? Just curious.
  8. SOHC noise at startup?

When I first start up my 04 4.0, sometimes I hear what sounds like lifters clicking for a brief half second or whatever. I think it may be just the engine building up oil pressure, but I do know the SOHC engines had a problem with timing chain tensioners that supposedly ended around 02. Just...
  9. Just purchased an '04 ranger....

So Thursday night I'm on my way home from the gym in my 94, just pulled onto the highway going about 60 mph, and all of the sudden I hear growling and the truck starts pulling to the right really hard. So I pull off the side of the road and as I did, the wheel locked up. I knew right away it...
  10. Hey TRS...it's been a while.

Whats happenin guys? It's been quite a long time since I've posted on this site. Been on this site since 2004 but apparently my username was deleted so I remade it. So yeah it's been that long..lol. So I still have my 94, 4.0, 5 speed yet..now with 229k miles, still runs like a champ, and I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad