• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1997 4.0 Backfiring

I don’t need the y pipe itself, I need everything after it. Does that change anything? I did notice the cat thing when I went to go look at a parts truck. The one I saw may have 2 cats but I’m not sure.
  2. 4.0 Exhaust Fitment

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I need to ask. I have a 97 long bed Ranger reg cab, and I need a new exhaust from just before the first cat and don’t want to do any welding. What years/ vehicles could I use as a donor? Will an old f150/explorer work? There’s tons of explorers around...
  3. 1997 4.0 Backfiring

Thank you!! I am pretty sure the plugs have been done recently as the wires definitely have. Will check regardless though when I get down to it. While I have you here, another question. I have to do a lot of work to this truck including the exhaust. What years exhaust will fit on my 97?? I have...
  4. 1997 4.0 Backfiring

Have an issue with my ranger backfiring. Fuel economy dropped, as well as it backfires when going up steep hills and when I drive on highway. Sometimes doesn’t backfire but jerks violently. Any suggestions? Needs other work that I was about to do but if it’s a timing chain I’m not even gonna...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad