• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TheTopher

Newer auto trasmissions

So I'm well aware that the older Ranger transmissions are little more than a tooth pick with three rubber bands, but I know they've switched to something else in the more recent years. I'm looking to buy a new to me (06-10) truck and I'm having a hell of a time finding anything with a 5 speed...
  2. TheTopher

Topher's EX250 build thread

So, I figured since this is the closest thing I've got to a project right now I might as well make a build thread for it. I'm gonna try and catch up with what I've already done and then add stuff as I do it. This is my EX250, bought it used with 21k miles on it. As with any used vehicle...
  3. TheTopher

Carrying a bike on your Ranger

So I'm hoping to be buying a motorcycle this weekend and I was hoping you guys could give me some tips on how to best load and secure the bike into my Ranger. It's gonna be about a 50 mile trip home and the speed limit most of the way is 65. Thanks!
  4. TheTopher

When brake pads go bad.

So I had to work on my Buddy's 2000 Focus this weekend because the brakes were grinding. It turns out the calipers have a pretty poor design. They built the caliper bigger than the pads and then just held the pads in place with some spring clip thingies. Why they didn't just build the...
  5. TheTopher

A different take on a diesel Ranger...

So I was browsing the classifieds to see what a new truck would cost me when I stumbled upon this. http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2142315236.html A 97 Ranger with a turbo diesel :D
  6. TheTopher

Chevy door handles

I'm starting to wonder if their door handles coming off in your hand when you try to open the door is a common problem. The tailgate handle just came off my company truck this week which officially makes it a problem with every GM truck I've had to work out of for more than a month. I'm kinda...
  7. TheTopher

CARNAGE PICS! What happens when a tire chain breaks.

like the title says, the tire chain broke and took half the truck's paint with it.
  8. TheTopher

A little eye candy for us computer guys.

Yes, it really is a FTW edition. My buddy just picked that up a day ago, we're waiting on a few extra water cooling lines and some new additives before we throw it in. When he asked me if I thought he should drop the cash on it, I told him... "A good friend will explain to you why spending...
  9. TheTopher

The tailgate coffee table project

So I'm going to try and make a matching coffee table and couch using the bench seat from a 1999+ superduty and the tailgate from a 1st or 2nd gen Ranger. For now I'm just throwing some ideas out here so I can get feedback from you guys. I'll start gathering materials this weekend. So to...
  10. TheTopher

tailgate measurements

could anybody with a spare moment measure the height and width of their first or second Gen tailgate. Thanks!
  11. TheTopher

Need some welder input

So I'm thinking of buying myself a welder for Christmas. I'm pretty much set on this model http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-500505-Handler-115-Volt-Single-Phase/dp/B0002PS7TE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292892224&sr=8-1 The reviews say it can do up to 1/4th inch, can run off a standard 115v outlet...
  12. TheTopher

just an idea i had...

So I've been shopping around for a couch for my room for a while and it just dawned on me... How about I use a bench seat out of a super duty for a couch and maybe even a ranger tailgate for a coffee table. After all, beer tastes better on a ford tailgate. What do you guys think of it?
  13. TheTopher

Fuel tank won't hold pressure

So I just got back from the DMV where my truck failed the gas tank pressure test...which is basically where they put a hose clamp on a fuel line under the hood and hook a compressed air hose to your gas tank filler cap. Anyway, my first instinct is to pull the bed off and start checking for...
  14. TheTopher

A stupid question I can never seem to remember the answer to...

Which is the left/right side of the car? I can never remember if it's as I'm sitting in the car, or as I'm standing in front of the car looking at it. I've gotta buy my buddy a new lock actuator for christmas and it seems they're all listed in terms of left/right versus driver/passenger...
  15. TheTopher

Brake rotor removal

So a couple weeks ago I was working on my ex girlfriend's car and for the life of me, I just could NOT get that damn brake rotor off. I tried every trick in the book, torch, penetrating oil (Several types) hammering, old fashioned tugging and pulling, and prying. Not a single one would budge...
  16. TheTopher

New tattoo idea, input wanted

So for the past year or so I've been tossing around the idea of getting a half-sleeve of an Eagle and an American flag on my left arm. My dilema has always been how I wanted them orriented... But anyway, winter is around the corner and it's time to get the ball rolling on my next tattoo, so...
  17. TheTopher

Multitool/Knife check!

So as the title states...I'm curious about what kind of knives and multi tools everybody has and also, which ones you actually carry. I'll post up mine when I get off work tonight. Lets see what you guy's have got!
  18. TheTopher

Coca-Cola vs Pepsi

Lets settle this debate. I personally believe there's something freaking magical about a nice cold Coca-Cola from a bottle that's just not there when I have a Pepsi, Especially if the bottle is glass. So what do you think? C'mon guys, lets vote.
  19. TheTopher

Knife throwing, anybody else do it?

So as the title says, does anybody else here fling knives for fun? I just started about a week ago and I've discovered it's a great way to unwind and take out aggression after work and it's a lot less likely to piss off the neighbors than gunshots. I'm still bouncing about 19 out of 20...
  20. TheTopher

Saw this little beauty on the road today.

Sorry I couldn't get a better picture, I was too busy drooling. Yes, it's a turbo diesel. and yes that IS line-x on the bumper, fender flares and lower part of the body. :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad