• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cliff_m

92 sporadic misfire while engine hot and over 2k RPM

Keep us posted. What you had want a misfire. Just low power from a lean condition if your diagnosis is correct. Glad you got something going in the right direction.
  2. Cliff_m

New tools you've bought recently?

I have that same work stand. The red one is nice especially for full size under hood work. Mine is close to 20 years old and not as shiney. You'll like it for sure.
  3. Cliff_m

Hello!

Yes sir. I have taught all the kids to drive in Ford trucks as well. They still come along on trail rides even as adults! Grand kids are here today, going to be busy!
  4. Cliff_m

Hello!

@Josh B yes sir. They are a good truck. Especially for a young snapper like my son.
  5. Cliff_m

Hello!

@Uncle Gump truck came from NC. 200k plus miles. There are still a few of the 90s rangers still on the road here. I'm passing it on to my 15 year old son. I've had a few couriers as well. I have a long road with Ford trucks.
  6. Cliff_m

Hello!

@Uncle Gump thanks!
  7. Cliff_m

Hello!

Been following the trs from for years. Has many rangers over the years. Currently inherited a 93 3.0 2 wheel drive from my father. I've worked as tech and diy for a few decades. Look forward to participating in the group.
  8. Cliff_m

2000 4x4 3.0L Will Not Run More Than 3700 RPM

Need to figure out if it's lean or rich. Scan tool will tell you more about diagnostics than any amount of parts or guessing.
  9. Cliff_m

2000 4x4 3.0L Will Not Run More Than 3700 RPM

Is CEL on? Get the codes pulled. Check live data for fuel trims. What were the symptoms leaking up to the drivability issues? MAF and baro sensor will cause drivability issues like you describe.
  10. Cliff_m

Rear main seal or oil filter leak?

At 150k could be all of the above. If money and time are an issue get some uv dye and cheap light. It'll point you in the right direction.
  11. Cliff_m

92 sporadic misfire while engine hot and over 2k RPM

Connect a vacuum gauge to the intake. Check for vacuum at idle and and off idle. The needle movement will tell the story immediately. This test will sort mechanical from fuel or ignition issues. You can run through the ignition issues using a timing light on each plug wire. Watch for irregular...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad