• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Should I buy it?

Ok I have a 98 b2500 with 200,200 miles on it It currently has an engine idle problem and is in the garage for a tune up. in the past couple of years I have done timing belt, ball joints, shocks, clutch, water pump, and shocks. I have the chance to buy my grandparents 02 Sport Track. it has...
  2. finding plastic plugs holding up panels

Where can you find the plastic things that hold up the panels in the cab? I looked at LMC and do not see anything like that. I have tried the junk yard and they seem to break more often then not, I figure I could buy some someplace but can't find them.
  3. who should Clean my injectors

Ok, I have tried some additives to the fuel and still seem to have an idle that is not the way I want it. So I have convinced myself to get my injectors cleaned and was wondering who I should use for this service? I can send them off and wait a few days if need be. I could also get some...
  4. Need wiring diagram where to look?

I am looking for a wiring diagram for the seats in a 2002 ford explorer. I have tried google searching and looking at the back of a haynes manual and still can not find it. Any ideas?
  5. Idle response to clutch

Ok, I have been chasing a high idle problem for the better part of 2 months. Kept testing things and finding them bad so I have replaced a few things along with a few small vacuum leeks. The list is as follows EGR Solenoid EGR DFPE Vapor Solenoid TPS Sensor TPS connector Cleaned Throttle body...
  6. Changing seat tracks?

Ok how do you change them. I see solid cylinders of metal that seem to be holding the seat to the tracks. How do I take the tracks off? drill out this thing/cut it off. and when putting seat tracks back on do i just use a bolt in its place? or can I find replacements for those things? Any ideas?
  7. High Idle issues

Ok I have a High idle issue that I can not seem to track down. It idles high from first starting and will continue for till I slow to a stop but as soon as I hit the gas it goes back up. I changed my IAC valve (last one I had cleaned to much and stopped working) Replaced pcv valve, replaced...
  8. Replacing cat help

Ok I have a small leak in my cat and am in need of a replacement. I see a direct bolt on from rockauto. Do I need anything like gasket's, new bolts or anything besides just the cat? I also can not weld nor do I have access to anyone that can. So direct bolt in is going to have to do.
  9. Where to get Heat Shrink with glue?

I am trying to patch up my battery cables and am looking for some of that heat shrink with glue in it but have no idea where to pick it up. Any Ideas?
  10. Tie Rod I get wrong part?

Ok I ordered the outer tie rod end for my truck (Mazda B2500 1998). Moog part number ES3461 and I think it looks wrong. I was expecting for the end of the tie rod to be more like the one here. Where something threads into the end but I have a tie rod that has threads like it threads into...
  11. Explorer Console ?'s

So does the explorer console have a clock on it? or is it just a temp direction and MPG functions? I have tried to search and looked at pictures but can not find it. MY Google-Fu is weak
  12. Suspensions overhaul what am I overlooking

Ok I am getting my list together for some new suspensions components So far Looking at putting these parts into my 1998 B2500 2WD Mazda Front Shocks - Bilstein BE5-2971-H0 Rear Shocks - Bilstein BE5-2792-H0 Front Lower Ball Joint - 2 Moog part #'s k8771T L Front Upper control Arm - Moog part...
  13. cooling system flush questions

Ok So I am going to do my first flush and have read a few threads on it. I was thinking of getting some of this stuff http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BK&PartNumber=80030&Description=Radiator+Flush but it states not for Alum radiators, which I think mine...
  14. What brand Oil?

Ok so what brand oil do you guys? This is not a crap on someone for what they use just wondering Pennzoil 5w30 synthetic here
  15. Gear ?'s

Ok I am thinking of changing out my rear axle in my 98 2.5L manual 2WD truck. I am wanting a limited slip with 4.10 but I not know. I use truck a lot as a daily driver and like to get in the woods when I can. Is it worth it? I just don't know about gearing and mpg or not knowing what to do...
  16. Bad heater core or something else?

Ok so I have no heat at stop lights or any time the engine is at low RPM's. I have read in other places that it is a vacuum issue but I do not have the Heater control valve installed it is just a straight hookup to the heater core. I also replaced my water pump not 5000 miles ago and it had the...
  17. Hard to start what to check?

Ok I am having a hard time starting in the mornings or when I let it sit for a little while. I have to feather the gas peddle a bit to get it started. Once running and warm it starts just fine. What do I need to check? And how?
  18. Should I be scared of Auto 4.0

I am looking at getting a new daily driver. I really prefer a manual but I have found one that might not can pass up I know the 4.0 and auto's are known to have problems with the transmission failing prematurely. Should this scare me away on a truck like this?
  19. Starter grinding help me figure it out please

Ok I replaced the starter to my 98 Mazda b2500 Manual 4 cycl in march and it worked fine till about Nov. I started having a grinding noise when starting. It stopped starting shortly after and I replaced the starter (the one I took of had the gear broken and wedge into the side of starter have...
  20. Adding power locks and keyless entry

Ok I have read a few threads about adding them and it seems I have seen two places to get them on this forum http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=W01F-712T http://www.ford-power-locks.com/KEPL/FordRanger.htm I was wondering if anyone has...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad