• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bear in the woods

ONLY IN A SMALL TOWN

Yep .. how you know you’re from a small town …
  2. Bear in the woods

2003 transmission in a 99 ranger 4wd with 4.0

Got er in finally. Drove great. Shifted great… but blinking OD LIGHT.. the trans had been sitting in a shop for some time now,with only maybe a qt of fluid in it. Got a code . I cleared it this afternoon. Gonna drive it a little more and check the codes again.. shifted like a newly built...
  3. Bear in the woods

Tarps are amazing. 30 degree difference

Been snowed in for a week. Negative windchills. It’s slowly warming. Built a tarp tent around my 99 ranger when the sleet first started. These pictures were taken today from inside. Didn’t even have the heat on yet. Think I have done more drinking than mechanical work 😎🥃
  4. Bear in the woods

Yep. I’m lost on this one

Transmission pump is working. Won’t move in any gear. But can hear a rpm change when you go through the gears. Has a little high pitched whine when truck is running. ANY CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON?
  5. Bear in the woods

QUICK QUESTION

Should the yolk on a transfer case for the front driveshaft ..should it be able to just slip right out or is there a problem
  6. Bear in the woods

No codes. No gears. No tach.

5r55e. At 65 mph. It made a loud noise like the transmission hit floor. It shut down my engine..engine restarted fine. But no forward or reverse gears. Be removing it soon.
  7. Bear in the woods

Deceleration sensor for ABS.

Is it vital To be plugged in? is it known to cause any problems?
  8. Bear in the woods

Thoughts on SCT X3 tuner scanner

Shows it does explorers, doesn’t say rangers. But if the motors and transmission are interchangeable, does that mean it will work on my old 99 4.0 ranger ?
  9. Bear in the woods

351M anyone know much about 'em

Found one and was wanting to know the good,bad,and the ugly. rare? Expensive to work on? TOO MUCH FOR A 90 RANGER🚦🚀💥
  10. Bear in the woods

Different yolks. Can mine interchange?

Swapping transmission. The one I got to go back in has different yolks On the transfer case. Can my yolks on my 99 interchange?
  11. Bear in the woods

What conversion is it used for?C3 bell housing

Thought I read something about these bellhousings being pretty needed in an engine conversion.. happen to run across one. But I can’t remember which conversion.. what do yall think? Is it a should buy item ? early 1960‘s
  12. Bear in the woods

96 4.0trans in a 99?will it work?

Will it work. Or do I need trans computer
  13. Bear in the woods

Vacuum possible culprit ?!

My old post might be an answer to a current problem…. I hope. …. Bear in the woods Jul 4, 2023 Took the wife to some doctor appointments in the old 90 xlt . Broke an old plastic vacuum line on the way there. “Fixed at parking lot of doctor” in route to second appointment,the line broke...
  14. Bear in the woods

Distributor acts like REV LIMITER

Put on a new Distributor and when you kick the throttle it , it acts exactly as a rev limiter does. Got to dark outside to finish. Gotta get it better in time and double check to see if I missed anything that would cause it to act like that.
  15. Bear in the woods

Looses power after 10 miles.

Doesn’t smoke, just gets really really weak. Cools. Then. Runs great for another 10. I’m thinking maybe the coil. But possibly the module on the distributor. All was replaced years ago. Then she sit parked for a few years. It’s extremely consistent! Expectally whenever my wife is riding with me 🤣
  16. Bear in the woods

Universal Mini aftermarket supercharger 👀

fits 2.0-3.5 sounds s interesting. Anyone tried anything like it ? Any info? says it improves power by 30% …. Doubtfull…. But even 15% would be a noticeable difference
  17. Bear in the woods

getting a 86 ranger 4+4 with 2.9 and 5 speed manual

the main things I am wondering about are. I Have a 1990 ranger. What parts WILL Interchange and what will not. Both are 2.9 5 speed manual transmission 4+4 typical old 2.9. The 86 only needs head work to be driving again. And comes with a new head. Wasn’t expecting a new project, was looking...
  18. Bear in the woods

OPINIONS ON HOW TO GET THE FRONT LEVEL. also will the front and rear hold up to a small v8 with a mild cam.

Currently have 15 inch rims on the 90 ranger. But while the 99 ranger is down. Was wondering if the 16s on it would swap over? Also wondering if this would affect the TTB Front end negatively How far can you crank a torsion bar
  19. Bear in the woods

2.9 FREEZE PLUG SIZE

can anyone tell me what size freeze plug is in the back of engine on a 2.9 ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad