• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. F150 with codes 0172 and 0175

Hey folks, I know this might below in the full-size forum, but I'd like to ask those knowledgable with Ford engine computers in general, not just specifically F150's (though i don't really know if they work in the same way or not). If I'm out of line, I appologize - please feel free to switch...
  2. F150 Forum?

Hey folks, Sad to say I sold my '94 Ranger about a little over a month ago. At 180k and 17 years old, it was time to move on. And because of the virtually identical gas mileage plus a full back-seat to put carseats in, I made the jump to full-size (found an '03 F150 Lariat with just over...
  3. Can I use a warn hub with no guts for 4x2?

Hey folks, '94 4x4 w/ warn manual hubs, electric t-case. Just thought I'd let everyone know I figured out what's been causing my bizarre grinding noises and wheel pull. I already determined I have seizing/seized u-joints on the front half-shafts. I'd checked the driver side out thoroughly...
  4. Half-shaft U-joints binding... while going straight in 4x2???

Hey folks, ' 94 4x4 w/ ext. cab, 4.0, 5spd, electric T-case, and warn manual hubs. I'm having some front end/steering problems that I think I've tracked to seizing front half-shaft U-joints (both sides are good and stiff). Trouble is, what I'm seeing doesn't make sense: Occasionally i get...
  5. Front end Rubbing/Grinding sound and wheel pull

Hey folks, This is a bit on the long side, but I wanted to provide as much info as I could. Stock '94 4x4 ext cab w/ 4.0 and 5 spd with some intermittent mis-behavior coming from my driver-side front end. I've got Warn manual hubs, but this is all occuring in 4x2 (hubs unlocked, electric...
  6. Rear Bumper Bolt Torque

Hey guys, Kind of a random question... Anyone know how tight to torque the 4 bolts that hold on the rear bumper ('94 4x4 ext cab w/ 4.0, 5 spd)? These are the 4 bolts (2 per side) that go up from the bottom through the frame rails, and thread into the clips (similar to how the bed bolts on)...
  7. Rear Spring Seat Won't Fit!

Hey folks, Putting back together my rear suspension after replacing a broken leaf spring (had new bushings put in too). Now, the new nut on the leaf spring center bolt is too large to pass through the hole in the center of the rear spring seat (where the U-bolts pass through). I can either...
  8. Torque for Spring Hangers

Hey folks, Getting ready to put my new/rebuilt leaf springs back on, and need to re-mount the spring hangers first. 2 of them had to come off to remove the spring, and I figured I might as well remove the others while I was at it to replace the bolts/bushings. Obviously there's no Ford spec...
  9. Leaf Spring Replacement

Hey folks, Driving home from work today noticed bad clunking in back end. Drove the 6 miles or so home wondering what tools I'd left in the bed after hauling mulch all weekend... Got home and found the center leaf from the pass. side rear leaf spring had just snapped in half right at the...
  10. Visor Bluetooth Recommendations?

Hey folks, Just joined this century and got a new phone with bluetooth (LG Octane). I want to setup bluetooth for my truck, but am worried about being able to hear/be heard over road noise from a 17-year-old truck. I'm leaning towards a visor-clip-on unit with internal speaker and FM...
  11. Why am I seeping coolant???

Hey folks, So I was putting air in our vehicle tires tonight, and after parking the Ranger ('94 4x4 w/ 4.0, 5spd, ext. cab - daily driver, stock) I noticed a puddle of coolant under it. I keep a close eye on this system in particular. Primarily because I hate plumbing and am always looking...
  12. Interesting Trail Fix...?

Hey folks! I've been staring at this and thinking for an hour now, and just had to post this: http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/2010/01/21/epic-kludge-photo-true-craftsman/comment-page-1/#comment-73417 Some of the comments are just ridiculous, but there's plenty on the right track too (and...
  13. Quick torque spec Q

Hey folks, Looking for a quick answer: I'm putting in a new Serp. belt, Tensioner, and Idler. Anyone know a torque spec for the Idler pulley (4.0 OHV)? Haynes said 30-40 ft-lbs for the tensioner bolt - that sound OK? Thanks a ton! -Bill
  14. Staked Spindle Nut Removal

Hey folks, Wife's Toyota Sienna (I know, sorry...) needs new rear bearings (sealed hub assemblies $$$$). Should be fairly straight forward, but it's the AWD version so it's got axle stubs going through them with staked nuts on them. Never had to deal with these before. As I understand it...
  15. Air Hose Quick Connectors

Hey folks, For years now I"ve been using the cheapo molded quick-connectors that came with my compressor (you know the ones with the mold line down the center that leaks air if you don't hold them in just the right position?) Well, they've gotten to the point where they can actually pop free...
  16. Can I replace just one tire?

Hey folks, When I got my truck last year ('94 4x4 w/ 4.0, 5spd, supercab) it had brand new Cooper Discoverer ATR's on it (265/75/15's). Just had it in for an inspection today, and turns out the slow leak in one of them is due to a nail in the sidewall. I've only put about 8k miles on the...
  17. Should 4x4 be louder?

Hey guys, Got my truck in the end of January last year, so this is my first significant winter experience with it and I don't have anything to compare to. It's a '94 4x4 (electric T-case) w/ 4.0, 5 spd, and ext. cab. Originally had auto hubs, but previous owner put on Warn manual hubs. When...
  18. Share your compressed air setup

Hey folks, What's your compressed air setup look like? Do you run water seperators/air filters? I'm getting a new torque wrench soon and figured I ought to add a seperator/filter to protect my investment. Finding a filter is no problem - already got it. Now I'm a bit stumped as to how to...
  19. Advice on Impact Wrench Setup

Hey folks, For a few years now I've been using the impact wrench that came in a kit along with my Craftsman Compressor (also came with an air ratchet and an air hammer as well). That included impact wrench is basically a joke though. It quits on me WAY too early to be of much use. My in-laws...
  20. '94 Speedometer Issues

Hey folks, On the expressway on the way to work this morning, my '94's speedometer decided I was going too slow, and went from 55 up to 75 or so on it's own. Did it fairly slowly and smoothly, though much faster than if you were actually to accelerate from 55 to 75 (more like going from 0 to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad