• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Slim

Spring loaded throttle?

I did the throttle cable mod (tc mod) on my '97 when I got it and it did wonders for the truck. Now on my '03 Edge I noticed that it could use a little help, too. Upon inspecting the situation at the "business end" of the deal I saw something that I have never seen before - a spring. None of...
  2. Slim

Having another baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but whatever! I'll post a pic in a few minutes. Trying to get one now.
  3. Slim

Need a torsion bar crash course PLEASE

Gonna be looking at an '03 Edge this week which I might buy. I have been searching and reading up and learning about the torsion bar system, but there's more info I still need. The current owner of the truck says the previous owner installed a lift kit (he was told this by the dealership he...
  4. Slim

4th gen really better than 3rd?

Today was maintenance day. Uuuuhhhhmmmm, we'll just leave that at that. This Spring i'm replacing my current '97 reg cab. Gotta be an extended cab, it's reason #1. I'm thinking to go with a '98+ truck for the change in suspension and styling. I like the pro's, but tire of the con's. It's also...
  5. Slim

Used vehicle purchase tactic?

After careful observation, much deliberating and some scrutinized planning it looks like there's a chance I can look at getting an extended cab Ranger this Spring. I have not been the BEST haggler in my life for purchasing goods, but I have tried talking sense into some people. Both times left...
  6. Slim

Q's about replacing bump stops

It appears that the front factory bump stops on my truck have seen better days. I can't quite get anything on the head of the one on the driver's side. Is it safe to just use an air chisel to remove the old ones and replace with new (shorter) ones? I don't think the stock ones are used in a...
  7. Slim

Brush guard compatibility?

Tried searching but can't find an answer. I found someone selling a brush/grill guard for an '88 Ranger for cheap. Will it fit my '97? I don't know if any of the mounting points would line up or not. Is it close enough that I could use spacers or something to make up a minor difference? Please...
  8. Slim

Some different Chevy leaf swap questions

Uh oh, what's the little 2wd guy doing in here?!?!??! :D I want a softer rear suspension. I've been reading up on removing a leaf from the stock rear pack, but it seems that this would eventually result in a rear that will eventually sag to nothing. :icon_confused: (ILLEGALCONCEPTS and others...
  9. Slim

For those that have removed front swayt bar .....

I'd like to hear from those of you that have removed your front anti-sway bar. I have removed mine and would like input on a few things. I'd like to hear some "comparison notes" from those of you that can relate. 1. do you still use a rear anti-sway bar? 2. have you noticed any...
  10. Slim

Supercab ..... or extended cab ..... or ..... ?

Looking for a new (used) Ranger because I can't handle the lil' reg cab I have anymore. Upon updating my knowledge with TRS's VIN number tech article I see the following; R14 — Ranger 4x2 (2-door SuperCab) R15 — Ranger 4x4 (2-door SuperCab) R18 — Ranger 4x2 (4-door SuperCab) R19 — Ranger 4x4...
  11. Slim

Really don't know what do to next (long sorry)

I figured i'd post about this and see if anyone has some wisdom to share. I hope you don't mind the length, but I like to be thorough and need help. I've had my truck for a year. I enjoy it. It doesn't cost a ton of money to run, so that's a big help. I bought it because it's a Ford, rwd, can...
  12. Slim

THANK YOU 4x4junkie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need to give a huge THANKS to 4x4junkie! I've been wrenchin' (non-pro) on cars for over 15 years now. There isn't much I won't try to fix, and most things I get done just fine (read: not too much swearing or skin/blood lost). I've done nitrous installs, top end swaps, head gaskets...
  13. Slim

Lowering, wheels and bumpsteer

So while I totally can't decide what to do with my truck, I figure I should do more research until I figure it out. Something that I don't like about the front suspension on my '97 is the bumpsteer effect. Does this get any better or worse when you lower the TIB set up? Also, what about tire...
  14. Slim

Soft (vinyl) tonneau protectant recommendations?

I finally got my hands on an Extang soft tonneau cover for my truck. I will be installing it this week once I get new stainless steel hardware. I will be using soap and water to wash it, but want to use a protectant afterward to help preserve it. Any recommendations? I know about Mothers and...
  15. Slim

Quick question for amp turn on

Okay, so my next stereo project is going to be a stereo-less stereo. :shok: Yes, REALLY! I have one small question ..... All my life I never had to play with or pay attention to the fuse used in an aftermarket stereo for the amp turn on lead. Since I won't have an aftermarket head unit now I...
  16. Slim

How to check for a good ground?

How do I use my Volt meter to check whether or not the ground I want to use is good or not? I used to know, but have long forgotten. Refresh my memory please. Thanks.
  17. Slim

VERY frustrated with head unit install

Okay, i'm just plain ol' gettin' pissed off! I've been doing this for 15 years now, so installing a head unit usually is little to no problems for me. Actually, this would mark the first time i've had a problem. I replaced the stock AM/FM/CD deck in my '97 a short while back. An old, used...
  18. Slim

Anyone else here using Gimp? Any tips?

I just completed my first attempt at lowering my truck with Gimp (no longer have use of Photoshop - long story). While I wasn't expecting much I think I did better than I had anticipated. Anyway, i'm looking for any tips that other users may have if one wants to ..... well, you know, do what we...
  19. Slim

softer rear = leaf tuning?

I'd like to soften the rear spring rate a little bit to make for a softer ride in my truck. I don't haul heavy loads or drive like a maniac, so i'm sure I shouldn't have any problems by removing one of the leafs out of the pack (3 leaf pack in there now, stock). Question is which one? I'm...
  20. Slim

Show us your spare and mount

Toying with the idea of mounting my spare in the bed. I'd appreciate seeing where and how some of you have mounted your spare. PATIA!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad