• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. achulz

Steering Wheel Replacement

Hey all, I've had my 2006 XLT (2.3, regular cab, RWD) for a couple years now, and one thing that is super annoying is the previous owner absolutely death gripped the steering wheel and tore the foam up enough that the metal wheel is exposed. The foam itself is also super old and kind of flaking...
  2. achulz

2006 Ranger Engine Trouble Codes

Another update, if anyone is still following. I tried cleaning the connector with no luck. When I unplugged the sensor to see if any other codes appeared, it also threw a P0453 and the original P0452. With it plugged back in after cleaning and inspecting the wiring, just the P0452 code...
  3. achulz

Well talking to the Ford dealer it looks like the pressure sensor is built into the fuel line/evap line assembly. The sensor he is referring to runs along the frame rail from the evap canister up to the front of the vehicle, and the sensor is swaged in to the plastic hose assembly. It is right...
  4. achulz

Quick update, I replaced the vent valve (located on top of the evap canister right above the spare tire) and the good news is the fuse is not blowing and the P0447 code has not appeared, neither have the O2 heater or EGR circuit codes. So that definitely solved that issue. In fact the old vent...
  5. achulz

Yes I'm very much a fan of the 5-speed manual :D I'm assuming the vent valve, based on what the picture looks like in the order I placed, is the little solenoid above the vapor canister near the spare tire? I know the purge valve is in the engine bay near the fuse box, but that one appears...
  6. achulz

Hey all, first post to this forum. I recently picked up a 2006 Ranger XLT, single cab short bed, 2.3L and 5-speed manual. Overall very much enjoying the truck, got a few things done before I register it to my name such as new tires, new windshield, fresh ball joints in the front suspension...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad