• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Runs fine but only for one crank!

I have an 86 ranger 2.3 L I swapped the motor from an 87 into my 86 I can align all my marks for the timing (with the spark plugs out) put everything back together and she will crank up right after I get done. I let her run for a while, shut off the engine, but after that she will not Crank...
  2. Swap engines, need timing done still?

I Okay my mechanic told my the head was seeping on my 89. But it's never run hot until the other day when it started smoking inside the cab (not from the engine bay), which led me to believe that the smoke was coming from the heater core. So of course I bypassed it. It's no longer smoking in...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Swap head from 2.3 ignition coil packs (8 plugs)to a distributor !(4 plug) 2.3

Okay my mechanic told my the head was seeping on my 89. But it's never run hot until the other day when it started smoking inside the cab (not from the engine bay which led me to believe that the smoke was coming from the heater core. So of course I bypassed it. It's no longer smoking in the...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Swap head from 2.3 ignition coil packs (8 plugs)to a distributor !(4 plug) 2.3

That's an idea I've had but I think I may just fix the head gasket problem on my 89 ranger,I would be fine with keeping the dis system and just having a 4 plug head I'm not a great mechanic, but I can do absolutely anything I put my mind too, so I'm going to attempt to figure out what I can do...
  5. No power

I'm sorry I should've been more clear I know that, I I meant the two ground wires that run from the negative post I switched to the other side of the starter the one that runs from the relay is connected to the positive side of the starter
  6. No power

When I attach my negative cable back to the relay and I jump the S wire again with A jumper to the positive cable it literally gets so hot I can hear it sizzling and I can watch it nearly catch fire
  7. No power

It still clicks but nothing is getting hot at least I don't think it matters but i should probably mention that one of my starter slots for the bolts where the negative wire runs from the starter relay was damaged. But I just ran the negative cable to the another bolt on the starter
  8. No power

Okay I just finished the test and this time my wire doesn't heat up at all
  9. No power

Could you possibly explain this and if it works explain it to me in idiot terms please 🥺
  10. No power

I'll try that in a few minutes but I also found this on Facebook for you possibly explain it this is correct or exactly how to do what he is describing please https://www.facebook.com/reel/3632528363684104/?mibextid=l2hJJHjNVOBSwHk4
  11. No power

No I'm not losing power on everything, even I try to turn the key the relay chatters almost like the battery is dead, I'm going to try to switch out the solenoid again TMR and see if there's any difference your right it probably is something small ty so much for all your help
  12. No power

Ty I know that information I did it just the way you described but when I put a jumper wire from the s terminal to the battery positive it gets so hot that it literally starts to melt the insulation around my jumper wire, the relay clicks but the motor still doesn't turn over, I have 3 starters...
  13. No power

Okay I'm back again already. I swapped the motor in my 86 ranger and I also had to change out the entire ignition switch actuator (the whole metal housing for the ignition switch) and then I go to start the truck. I can turn the key to the on position and I have power, but as soon as I click...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Swap head from 2.3 ignition coil packs (8 plugs)to a distributor !(4 plug) 2.3

Well the head is seeping on my 89, and I am quite clueless when it comes to the whole dis thing, so I was just wondering since I have a rebuilt head for it, I thought to myself, I wonder If I can just switch it out, thanks guys I really appreciate how much you all have helped me out and how much...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) Swap head from 2.3 ignition coil packs (8 plugs)to a distributor !(4 plug) 2.3

I have a 1989 ranger that has dual ignition with a 2.3 L engine (2 coil packs and 8 spark plugs) So my question is can I replace the head on that motor and switch it out with a head with 4 spark plugs and install a distributor in it, or is this even possible? Please explain this to me please
  16. 2.3L ('83-'97) Drilled out ignition key!!!

Thanks i appreciate it I've bought from them before but i have 3 other rangers as well and one Is just for parts. I'll just have to do it myself and that one is something i have never attempted, but it don't look all that easy thank you so much for your help!
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) Code 31 but no EGR!?? What do i do?

I have an 89 ranger 2.3 with a DIS engine. When i bought her she ran okay but she was missing the catalytic converter. To my knowledge this will affect power but isn't suppose to hurt the vehicle is driven. But after maybe a week or two of driving her she started hesitating and it was bad enough...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad