• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. M50d r1 oil

ok thanks
  2. M50d r1 oil

So what oil does everyone prefer to use in their 5 speed trans? Is cheap ATF good enough? Is the more expensive stuff necessary or is it all hype? How about pennsoil? Syncro? any thoughts?
  3. New member

Thank you!
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) ‘97 2.3 cam timing?

Yes I’m looking for greater low end torque
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) ‘97 2.3 cam timing?

Hello I was wondering if it’s possible to advance the cam timing with a degree gear? Will the cam position sensor interfere with this??
  6. New member

Yes. I’m looking for more low end torque as this truck has little. I do mostly city and rural non interstate driving. I have an 8.8 4:10 posi rear I’m swapping in soon to help me out on the hills in my area.
  7. New member

Ok I’ll do that. Thank you for your input
  8. New member

I was wondering if it’s possible to advance the cam timing by using a degree cam gear? Would this be possible being this engine uses a cam position sensor?
  9. New member

10. New member

Hello I just signed up. I have a 97 ranger 2.3 5spd I’m interested in some performance upgrades. Looking forward to digging in. southeast Pennsylvania

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad