• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Trans noise?

Hey Guys! Haven't been here in a long time.................work and such. Problem: 84 Ranger 4x4 2.8v6 with toyo kyogo 5spd, have a rumbling, almost grinding sound when decelerating in 1st and 2nd at low speeds, give it gas sound goes away, push the clutch in it decreases but does not go away...
  2. The gun thread...

This is correct, when all other weapons have jammed/fail to feed, otherwise inoperable, the AK47/74 will continue to operate, with NO maintanence. They will put up with crap no other weapon could dream of.
  3. Craigs list find

Pretty nice, if anyones intrested. http://eugene.craigslist.org/pts/958997881.html
  4. 5.0 AWD Explorer

Anybody own one? how much power? got those gt40 heads does the awd bog it down any?..........Never hear any reports about performance/tow capability, just curious, saw one on used lot. Are all the 5.0 exploders awd?
  5. The gun thread...

" It started with federal ammo" I ve heard that before, amen!!!!
  6. The gun thread...

Nice pistol! check blue book of gun values. probably worth$$. ammo for .38 colt short still available, some odd outfit called western scrounger.
  7. Valve cover gasket 4.0

Got small leak at back of drivers side valve cover, not bad just enough to stink. doesnt even drip on floor. Its a 97 exploder limited 4.0, man that thing is buried, how much work to get to it? it looks like 90% of the work is just getting to it!!!!.......I can do the ones on my 2.8 in maybe 10...
  8. Early 90s F series project

Getting bored looking at a project. got a low mile 460 from a 91 f 250, saw a 92 f 150 short bed 2wd w/ dead 302 , good e4od. besides bellhousing, motor mounts, exaust work and plumbing it would seem to be a plug and play. any thoughts for or against.
  9. Stupid obd1 question

On obd2 cel stays on until problem is corrected/cleared. On obd1 cel came on briefly and went out,no problem with vehicle runs great in all aspects and cel comes on/off at start cycle. so does the cel only come on when a cond is pres. and goes out if cond. subsides ? is there a code stored ...
  10. 2.8 duraspark conv. worth it?

Done everything else, new carb, emiss,complete rebuild ,runs great with TFI. I get 16 /21 mpg with 3.73s and 31s, got enough power to pull 1,200 lbs boat at 60 mph in 5th no problem, 4th on hills. not a stoplight sensation but runs well enough to stay with traffic and fast lane on freeway. I...
  11. electronic automatic temp control

The blower fan on my 97 explorer limited was only working on high.,blower motor resistor,right?..wrong..Called Ford 184.00 for resistor.....no way, so i pulled it and it looks like a black box w/a circuit board attached. Called Ford again they said they might have some at cent. distrubution in...
  12. Headers for 2.8 /2.9

Found a set of used headers for a2.9 .Dont remember if they will also fit a2.8? Anybody know?:icon_c:icon_confused:onfused:
  13. Hey from oregon.

New to site and computers,but older than I care to admit to rangers,on about my 6th one all gen/1/2s Own 3 other Ford prods but rangers seem to be the most forgiving and easy to work on. I seem to know more than i ever wanted to know about the old 2.8s.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad