• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear Axle swap compartibility?

Hi everyome. Being long time. A friend is offering me to buy the entire differential/azle of off a Chevvy Tahoe hybrid, that has being sitting in his yard for some time now. The rear differential of axle of the Tahoe is not electric though. I am lioking at one day, replacing the entirety of...
  2. Help with camper shell dimensions

Hi people! Got a shell off a ranger at a junkyard sometimes ago. But discovered, the dimensions of the shell, seems to be different slightly with my '95 ranger bed. Below in the pictures attached are two ways i have temporarily installed the shell cover, inorder to modify it to fit my bed...
  3. Got lots of issues that needs your inputs guys

A. Camper shell installation and size? I got a camper shell some months ago, which i intend to install on my ,'95 ranger truck. Got few issues, requesting for your helps: 1. I have got a camper shell, from one of the ranger trucks, similar to mine, from a junkyard. But the truck i got it off...
  4. Engine starts only when starter fluid sprayed in intake manifold

I have been having issues of prolonged startability with my engine recently. I realized that before the engine starts, I'd have to spray starter fluid into the intake manifold, before the truck starts. And each time it starts, and runs, it idles smoothly. But immediately the engine is turned...
  5. Mechanical to electric fan install using Windstar and volvo cooling fan relay

Hi everyone. I have seen or read a lot of swaps using Volvo's radiator cooling fan relay, and either a BMWs, or VWs dual temperature switch, in vehicles without efans on then before. I have also read alot about the Ford Windstar, contour dual speed fans also been used for same conversions, if...
  6. Driver door tag decipher pls

Hi everyone! I keep reading guys over here talk about things like, "I swapped out of axle with an explorer 8.8 size". I have asked certain time ago about how do you guys, even decipher such details from the door tag? Some of you said it's on the sticker on the door. I don't know how to decode...
  7. Catalytic converter delete

Is there any likely problems expe ted from deleting the car on of my truck, for instance, asides that it's illegal in some places? Would that affect fuel economy and performance? Can I use straight pipes, and insert oxygen sensor spacers to prevent the ECU from reporting a catalytic converter...
  8. Suggest a utility camper recommendation or design for my truck!

I'm an engineer, with specialty fixing hybrid electric and conventional vehicles. I am looking for various utility camper options from you guys, that I can adopt, for use as a mobile mechanic workshop. I would have preferred an f150 or RAM truck, for the purpose, but the cost of any of those...
  9. Temperature gauge not working

I have tried to diagnose why the temperature gauge on my truck isn't working. Pls can anyone point me to the right direction here on troubleshooting? There are two switches or temperature sensor or sender units on this truck I think. Which of them should I replace?
  10. Oxygen sensor wire harness color codes

When o recently replaced the engiuof my ranger 3.0l 1995, I mistakenly pulled the passenger side wire harness off of the connector, and now, I can't really figure out, which exact pinouts on the connector, each of the wires plug into. Can anyone please provide any information as regards which...
  11. Fuel pump removal without the truck bed removed

Recently after I had replaced another complete engine for my truck, I tried starting it but doesn't start. It cranks, but no start. I have checked and replaced the spark plugs, and checked for spark when cranking the engine. Has enough spark. I'm thinking there may not be fuel in the tank. I...
  12. Transmission fluid keeps leaking

Hi guys. I recently replaced my 3.0l ranger 1995 automatic engine (motor) with another 3.0l, considering that the old engine had some rod kind of noise, and the new engine I got was damm too cheap. Before I did the engine change, the transmission system wasn't leaking though. But today, after I...
  13. Is this 5.0l swap possible?

I'm thinking of getting an explorer sport trac, 2001, 5.0 truck. Is it possible to use this donor truck for my ranger 1995 3.0l truck? Are there issues that I may likely come in contact with along the line, before even starting off with this project? I hear a whole talk about PATS, etc. Please...
  14. LS 400 LEXUS ENGINE (1UZ) IN A RANGER SWAP?

Hi everyone! I'm wondering, if anyone has ever done an Asian engine swapped into their ranger truck, or seen someone done something similar. I have checked the configuration of both Ford's 302 5.0l engine and ls400 1uz engine. They are all 90°. Does this means that the 1uz engine would also be...
  15. HOW DO YOU CONVERT A RANGER TO A MOBILE WORKSHOP?

I bought this '98 ranger, because I want to modify it to use as my mobile mechanic workshop. I have got the rear cover bought separately also (I think its known as a cabin, or a brand name: CARRYGO), which I intend to use as the cabin at the rear bed. Has anyone seen or has a ranger truck that...
  16. LS400 V8 swap into a ranger 3.0l 1998

Hi guys, I'm new here. I recently got a ranger 3.0l 1998 for cheap. I'm just wondering, if anyone has done a Toyota 1UZ V8 swap into a ranger before, considering that it has being difficult getting a 5.0l ford V8 in Lagos, Nigeria? Thanks for your contributions.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad