• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ignition key lock point/purpose?

Pesky ignition switches! Always moving around when you're not looking, everytime!
  2. Ignition key lock point/purpose?

I can imagine it would be terrifying to be off-roading and have the key literally fall out and steering lock, but does that even happen? I've never heard of such a thing, but then again the majority of the time, all 4 of my tires are on the ground. Dunno how the rest of you are driving but if...
  3. Ignition key lock point/purpose?

Interesting, this is logical, but so many cars just have the lock built into the ignition tumbler, like if the key is in, and turned, the wheel is unlocked. Was that too complex for ford? :)
  4. What sort of owner are you after all?

Rusty but trusty all the way! I use my truck. Its a blend of looks, reliability and utility for me. I use it for work, for hauling personal items, camping out the back, getting dirty and some light 4x4. I enjoy rangers because they have been more than reliable and capable for me. It also is...
  5. Ignition key lock point/purpose?

More curious than anything, does anyone know why Ford decided to put the little lock that keeps the ignition key in until you push the little lever on steering column? I've had a few rangers, so I never thought twice about it and it doesn't bother me, automatic by this point but I've always...
  6. Vacuum issue with 89 Ranger 2.9l

Look close at the PCV valve line, is it possible you split it when reinstalling? Maybe you'll get lucky and you can trim off enough to get around the split and reuse same line.
  7. Vacuum issue with 89 Ranger 2.9l

If you can measure the diameter or take it off, autozone/oreilly/pepboys will have it in the back by the foot.
  8. Vacuum issue with 89 Ranger 2.9l

Its been awhile since I've been in a vehicle of that year, but sounds to me like moving things around cracked a vaccum line somewhere or popped one off. Sometimes you can confirm this by if your AC blend doors stop working, hot/cold seems off, or if your truck is equipped with a cruise and it...
  9. Where's your disengage point on clutch pedal?

Hey all, wanted to cross check the action of my clutch pedal with some of your other rangers! I've been slightly struggling with clutch issues in my 04, 4.0 SOHC 4x4. For clarity here I'm talking about when you are about to take off from a light, and you're slowly lifting your foot to apply...
  10. I would like to know more about my exterior color =)

I had an 1986 grey ranger. It was a very nice metallic grey with flakes I believe. Since then I've purposely picked flat white because I feel like it holds up better, shows road grime less and is easier on the eyes.
  11. Am I missing something?

Dough: Mix in food processor, this is important. 3c regular flour 1 Tbsp sugar 2 tsp salt 1.5 tsp instant yeast Pulse in processor 3 brief short pulses to mix dry ingredients. add 2 Tbsp oil (any type, just not your old engine oil) add 1.25c cold filtered water Run processor until it balls up...
  12. Am I missing something?

If you're consistently not driving and the truck sits for a week on, week off, and all your drives are short, you're probably abusing the battery. I have a feeling what's happening is you're stressing the battery, and while it has juice to start, it probably uses up most of it's reserve there...
  13. Winter Tire Pressure

Default for majority vehicles is 32PSI. Be sure to check when during each season as the pressure will change. However, it's always best to check manual or just google your make/model, especially if it has pressure sensors. The wife's car takes 36psi and will trip the sensors if I default to my...
  14. 1995 ford ranger 3rd brake light gasket???

It's not fancy at all but I used a cheap 18$ light from amazon, in "smoke" color. I like the look, I'm sure you can shop around and find something nicer or your style. It's been installed for 3 years now and hasn't leaked a drip. It comes with a neoprene gasket. I also ran a tiny bead of clear...
  15. Revitalizing ranger plastic fender flares? Heatgun it?

I've never used it, but all signs point to it being the best, most permanent and "professional's choice". But it is messy, greasy, stains, and can be a real pain for any interior stuff... but I don't know anything other than what google tells me other people say!
  16. Am I missing something?

I mirror what RonD said. It's a pain, but some troubleshooting should get you sorted. You may need to monitor over a longer time period to make sure there's nothing else kicking on after some time, or some electronic having issues with it's "sleep" mode. 15mA is definitely not enough make an...
  17. Revitalizing ranger plastic fender flares? Heatgun it?

Bumper? What bumper I just see a guy in jeans talking a selfie in front a mirror! Jokes aside, nice paint job. In my searching everyone seems to really like "solution finish", but it will stain/dye plastic black, which maybe what you're looking for.
  18. Revitalizing ranger plastic fender flares? Heatgun it?

Nice!! :headbang: I think next time I make my way to a salvage yard, I'll price out some fenders. I really like the idea of painting a second set, and taking my time, not my stocks. Then I could also toy with color for fun if I get the desire to paint the stock ones. Do you recall how high you...
  19. Revitalizing ranger plastic fender flares? Heatgun it?

Oh, hey thats a great idea. Grab a set from a junkyard so you can really take time to prep/sand/coats/etc while the stocks stay on the truck and keep you on the road! Maybe paint the stocks after pulling and store them away somewhere, freshly painted. I like that! I'll have to look into the 2k...
  20. How many here own a 2002 ranger fx4 off road or 4x4 off road =)

I don't actually tow hardly ever, but do frequently load up the bed as full as I can get it with firewood or tools/gear/etc. I also recently did (10k mi ago) a major brake overhaul, front/rear and lines flushed, and spent time picking out better than OEM, and the brakes feel just fine especially...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad