• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ants inside my truck...

I somehow have contracted a case of ants inside of my truck. Would it be ok to set off one of those fogger deals, inside the cab? :annoyed:
  2. Driveshaft...

Has anyone else had problems with the driveshaft that goes from the t-case to the front axle? It appears to be a 2 piece shaft and has broken free on the inside. This is the second time it has happened. The replacement shaft came from a junkyard, no telling how many miles were on it to begin...
  3. Gas tank heat shield...

Have any of y'all had the heat shield on the front of the gas tank come loose? How did y'all fix it? Thinking of trying some kind of glue and a short piece of rubber hose to attach it to the gas tank itself. Sounds like one of the skid plates is about to fall off of the damn thing when you...
  4. Oil leak... again...

I have what appears to be a main bearing seal leak but it doesn't leak all of the time. It seems to only leak when I go on long drives or pull my 4 wheeler/trailer to deer camp. It's not a horrible leak or anything, just a few drops here and there. I just had the valve cover gaskets and oil pan...
  5. I need a heavy duty...

110v ac to 12v dc converter. I have an ATV winch that I want to use as a hoist, in our deer skinning shed, and want to tie it into a converter and then use it to plug into one of the wall outlets. Any suggestions?
  6. Burning smell...

Since I replaced the transmission, in my truck, I haven't driven more than 10 miles in one trip... until yesterday. We took it on a 30ish minute drive, to a friend's house, and it did fine on the way over. Once there, I helped him move some stuff out of his yard, to the pasture behind his...
  7. I would just like to say...

that the engineers that designed the 4.0 and the ones that figured out how to place it in the truck, should be beaten. :icon_rofl: I think they successfully designed that engine/compartment to be a pain in the butt to work on. From the PCV valve to the thermostat to the tensioner pulley, all 3...
  8. Kind of worried...

Had the new transmission installed but the guy who did it, didn't install the filter I bought. He didn't drop the pan to see if one was installed because it had a new gasket already on the transmission. How would the transmission "act" if the filter wasn't installed? Would it operate correctly...
  9. Gasket...

Is there a gasket between the transfer case and the transmission in a 2001 Ranger with the 5R55E transmission? I was just looking at the transmission, that I received Monday, and it looked like there was a little bit of gasket material on the face of the tail housing.
  10. Castrol Mercron V...

ATF fluid, is it worth using in a re-manufactured AT or should I go with something else?
  11. I'm thinking...

it was time for some new ball joints in my truck. :icon_rofl: The steering felt fine but one day I noticed that the tires were leaning out, on the bottom. It also had developed a squeak when I'd turn the wheel while stationary. Put the bottom ball joints in, on both side, and it's like...
  12. Anyone else run these wheels...

13. My 5R55E is puzzling...

Here lately my transmission has been shifting hard from 2nd gear to 3rd gear and 3rd gear to 4th gear. Yesterday, it was pretty bad but this morning it shifted like when it was new. It's not slipping... just shifting very hard. It's full of fluid and the fluid looks nice & clean, doesn't smell...
  14. Which one of you guys...

Chopped up this explorer??
  15. Any riding lawnmower...

cutting deck gurus here? I have a slight problem with the deck on my mower. The last two cuttings, it's sheared off the bolt on the tensioner pulley. What could make it do this? The second bolt it sheared off was a grade 8 bolt. Snapped it like a twig.
  16. Chirping sound...

After 148,000 miles, I finally had to replace the serpentine belt and idle tensioner pulley but a slight chirping sound remains around the A/C compressor. I only get the chirp when idling with the A/C running. If I run it up to 1100 - 1500 RPM, I hear nothing. If I turn off the A/C... nothing...
  17. Stupid question...

How can you find out what size fuel tank is on your truck? I've always wondered why my truck can be on less than an 1/8 of tank and only hold 13 gallons. When I bought the truck, new, the window sticker said it had a 20 gallon tank but has never even come close to hitting that at the pump...
  18. Rear seats...

Anyone remove the rear jump seats, from a Ranger, and replace them with a custom tool box/speaker box? If you have, please post a few a pics. I'm looking for ideas.
  19. Trailer Light Troubleshooting...

I need a little help with a trailer light problem that I have. I put new LED, submersible trailer lights on my ATV trailer and for whatever reason, the turn signals and stop lights do not work. But the parking lights work perfectly. I checked the pig tail, at the truck, and I'm only getting...
  20. I've had my 85 Ranger...

for 15 years and never once did I wreck it or even get a dent in it... until today. I was re-wiring my 4 wheeler trailer lights and needed more room to get out of the rain. My 85 was on ramps, right in front of my trailer, and need to be moved. Fired her up, started backing off of the ramps...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad