• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rebuilding the First-Gen Swingaway Mirrors

When I bought my '85 in 2015, it had small base model mirrors. After a short time, I found a Bronco II in a junkyard with the big tow mirrors, which the sales brochure refers to as "Bright Western Swingaway Mirrors", and I retrofitted them onto my truck. They were great for several years, but in...
  2. Detroit-area Junkyard Rangers - extremely pic-heavy

I started going to self-serve junkyards in 2012. Since then, I've gone to a bunch of yards literally hundreds of times, mostly in pursuit of parts for my box Panthers (e.g. 79-91 Crown Vic & corporate siblings), but since 2015 also for my 85 Ranger. Most yards I go to are in or near Detroit...
  3. (Re-)Introducing my '85 Ranger

Hi. This truck may seem vaguely familiar as I'd provided some history on it at another Ranger site in the past, and I've occasionally popped in with tech questions here. I figured I'd make a thread for it here and provide updates as I wrench on it. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with...
  4. Found! Early-Design Front Sway Bar (1st Gen Ranger)

I'm looking to buy an early-design front sway bar and all factory hardware for my 85 RWD Ranger. By "early design", I mean the type that mounts to the inboard sides of the radius arms, not the type which connects to the front of the axle beams. I am located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, with...
  5. Model year mix-n-match - brake proportioning

Hi I would like to eliminate the brake combination valve (e.g. proportioning + dual system) located on the frame rail of my '85. It is reasonably straightforward to do this on my other Ford products, as there are known model years where the functionality of that valve moved into the master...
  6. 85 TK5 teardown/rebuild photos

I've just completed a mostly-full rebuild (bearings and seals only) on my '85 TK5 and figured some here might appreciate the photos. Pics here: This was prompted by excessive fluid loss around the slip yoke, caused by a worn extension housing bushing. The extension housing bushing can be...
  7. Identify this trans

Hi folks. I found an '84 2.0 in a junkyard and am trying to figure out what trans it has. It looks like a TK trans (very similar to my TK5). Differing from my trans: it has an external slave, and the shifter only wants to find 4 gears, no 5 or reverse. It has the sloppy plastic shifter tower...
  8. My 2.0-to-2.3 swap

Hi folks! To recap on my brief history here at TRS... I initially came here seeking to know if I could use 2.3 parts to EFI swap my existing 2.0: http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175086 But I encountered a few too many unknowns to want to risk that, and came across a...
  9. Fuel pump pulsator?

Hi folks. Been a while. Sparing some of the context details, I'll ask this: For Rangers with multiport EFI and an in-tank high pressure pump (let's say '93), is there a "fuel pump pulsator" mounted inline on the fuel line coming off the top of the fuel pump? If there is: do we know of any ill...
  10. '85 TK5 extension housing/output shaft bushing

Hey folks As I'm building the "might as well" list of stuff to do while I swap my engine later this year, I remembered that my extension housing leaks trans fluid ($$ Redline MT-90...) rather profusely around the slip yoke, even after replacing the seal. It would appear that there is a bushing...
  11. Retrofit 88 BII tach into 85 with 94 2.3 Engine?

This is a little...un-straightforward... I'm putting an EEC-IV twin plug 2.3 into my '85 Ranger. Electrically, with regard to the engine harness, ICM, ECM and so on, think of it as a 93/94. It's going to be a hodge-podge of parts, but for these purposes...it's a 93/94. Currently, my truck does...
  12. Identify what I need for this 2.3

Hi, me again... As I have made painfully obvious I am looking at doing one of two things to my '85: EFI swapping my existing 2.0 engine with original head, or swapping in a 2.3 with EFI. The end goal is fuel injection and I'm not too worried about how I get there. The thread linked above...
  13. Put 2.3 EFI intake on 2.0?

Hey folks. First post here. Tried posting this on FRF first but the trend I've noticed there is that there is typically very little posting activity surrounding the early trucks, so I'm not too optimistic that I will find my answers there. I have searched a fair bit and can't find any references...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad