• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by william wixon

1. Intermittent microsecond “stutter”

This is really important, I’ve been putting it off for a very way too long! I really need help with this. I don’t know what better word to use than “stutter”. I’ve put an OBD II reader on it and it’s not throwing any codes. I can’t really find any correlation to any situation or action, but...
  2. Sound that I would describe as “grunting” from the front end, I’m not sure if it’s specific to turning, or if one wheel is raised and lowered by going

Sound that I would describe as “grunting”, it’s not a squeak, I can never tell if this occurs because of turning or because the one of the front tires has gone over a bump, or maybe a combination of both. I can’t tell if it’s a rubber-on-steel sound, or if it could be… I have no idea… ball...
  3. Stutter, on rare occasions it seems like one piston doesn’t fire.

Hi, an issue that troubles me, intermittent, rare occasion. I’m driving down the road and it seems like the truck stutters for a microsecond. I always imagine it’s because one piston hasn’t fired. I absolutely have no idea what this is or even how to describe it. I can’t guess if it’s electronic...
  4. deliberately preventing engine from starting?

i watched a youtube video, the guy says you can pull the fuse for the "ECM" in the engine compartment fuse panel to deliberated prevent the engine from starting when you're doing a power steering fluid flush. you can crank the engine (without starting it!) for a second or two to run all the...
  5. power steering fluid backing up into reservoir and leaking out vent hole after compressing brake cylinders? huh?!

Thanks everyone for your help! I really appreciate it! :) after flushing the brake fluid/brake lines last night i am now in the process of flushing the power steering fluid. very happy to finally do this. this has been bugging me for a long time, i've wanted to flush the brake fluid and...
  6. power steering fluid backing up into reservoir and leaking out vent hole after compressing brake cylinders? huh?!

i put on new rotors and pads. got the truck up on jack stands, tires off. turning left to right for easier access for brake pad replacement. noticed a puddle on the cardboard i put under the truck. looked like it's coming out the vent hole of the power steering fluid reservoir. i was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad