• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by V8_power428@hotmail.com

1. V8_power428@hotmail.com

swapping a 2.9L for a 4.0L

Hey im going to be doing the swap soon, the question I have is on the donor vehicle its got an auto tranny and im swapping the engine into a 5 speed truck will i have to get a diff computer or will the donor vehicle comp work fine???
  2. V8_power428@hotmail.com

F-250 Extraction

OK I didnt beleive it was possible, and i wouldnt have believed it if i hadn't seen it, but tonight I watched a Deisel F-250 4x4 with 35's getpulled out by a regular cab shortbox ranger with a 2.3L!!! This F-250 was resting on its frame rails and there was no tire to be seen, 5 Half ton trucks...
  3. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Lift bracket dimensions

Hey i was wondering if anyone has or can get the dimensions off of a 4" skyjacker or james duff lift kit brackets. I want to build custom lift brackets but dont feel like having to engineer them! if anyone has a drawing or good sketches it would be awesome!!
  4. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Terrible thumping noise!!

hey my truck has made a sound like someone hits it with a rubber hammer at random times, the tricky thing is sometimes it keeps going after the truck has been shut off!! I managed to get under the hood one day while it was doing it and one of my heater hoses was pulsing with the Thump! does...
  5. V8_power428@hotmail.com

new springs + coil spacers = new shocks??

if I install an F-150 coils spring spacer in the front with explorer coils will i need new shocks?
  6. V8_power428@hotmail.com

shocks?

Hey if i run an F-150 coil spring spacer up front and a 2 inch lift in the rear what will i need for shocks in terms of length?
  7. V8_power428@hotmail.com

gearing for 44" tires?

pick up a set of 2 1/2 ton rockwell axles with 6.72s they are pretty cheap, try to find some with spicer joints they area bit stronger. you wont break em, but you can kiss any dreams of doing more then 50mph away due to your 4.0L, the truck would be gutless. my dad built a rig with rockwells and...
  8. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Electric fan??

I have an 89 2.9L and in a recent 4x4 trip my fan and fan shround were totalled. now i'm not sure if i should install an electric fan or go back to the stock configuration. for the new fan clutch alone it was 125 bucks i would grab a shroud from a JY but how much is the new factory fan? and how...
  9. V8_power428@hotmail.com

replacement for 1350 electric shift?

What can I use to replace my 1350 electric shift T-case? will an explorer t-case thats manual shift bolt in? if i swap over to D35 at the same time can I just take the explorer frnt D shaft? and will replacing the electric shift t-case with a manual one screw up anything computer related on...
  10. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Waterproofing!!

Hey every time i hit a decent waterhole my truck wants to die!!! It used to die every time i would go trough a puddle at speed and i figured out it was a connector getting wet on my coil so i siliconed that up and its fine but, now every time i get though water over about 2 feet deep it will...
  11. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Springs!!

Hey does any one know if there's a stock vehice out there that has a bolt in longer coil spring for the ranger???
  12. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Starter problems

Hey i have an 89 2.9L and my starter solenoid wount kick the gear in to the flywheel. I took off the solenoid cover and it wasnt gummed up and it seemed to move freely. anybody have any suggestions?
  13. V8_power428@hotmail.com

89 supercab

Link to all my pics http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20457&l=1f48f&id=503871817
  14. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Computer relocation

Hey i was wondering if anyone has moved thier comp higher or waterproofed it? and your t-case control box?
  15. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Body lift installed

Hey I just installed a 3 inch body lift from performance accessories and i still have to do the bed but i've finished the body and it really wasnt very hard i did it all myself. the only thin that would have made it easier is having my grinder at home!! two of the mounting bolts broke when i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad