• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Turboford

1. Turboford

My Arsenal as of now.

I saw a 30-40 Krag at a gun show yesterday...still kicking myself for not nabbing it for $275. I'm REALLY holding out for a Winchester M12 trench gun. M97 would do, as well :D And then there's my new fixation on the M1A...which I see a couple fine examples of...
  2. Turboford

'84 Ford barn find, what axles are these????

The early 80's "bullnose" F trucks came with both. Typically, if it had a T18/19 it had a BW tcase (STILL don't know the diff between a 1345 and 1356), and if it had a NP435, it was backed by a NP208. Not always, but I'd say 99% of the time. There were a few that got "oddball" combos...then...
  3. Turboford

'84 Ford barn find, what axles are these????

I thought my 84 had a 1356....but I guess I stand corrected...so what differences are there between the 56 & 45??? Maybe a fixed rear output vs slip-yoke? That's about all I can spot.
  4. Turboford

BW1350/NP205 "poor mans doubler"...?

I'm heavily considering a SAS and 38's on my ranger, and according to research, a 1350/54 double *seems* complicated and weak. Being that I have a divorced NP205 laying in the barn (and no 1st gen exploder parts), what would it take to fit this combo under my truck? I'm hoping to run around 8"...
  5. Turboford

Half or one tons?

Sometimes...google is the devil.
  6. Turboford

Half or one tons?

Ok, gotcha. Well I'm glad that's all there is to it lol. Guess I'd better get measuring! Is it possible a joint could measure the same length across (as a bigger joint) but have a smaller diameter cap? Kind of a dumb question, but I'm curious...
  7. Turboford

Half or one tons?

Sry, D60. But I suppose it wouldn't be an issue with my hypothetical setup, anyway. Also, am I to understand a 2.3t/4.0 are similar power levels to a 22r/e/whatever else yota powerplant? I'm not intending to be a smart@$$, just confused is all. Finally, I believe my 86 tc engine is actually...
  8. Turboford

Half or one tons?

Ive actually been kicking this idea around, as well. Just not sure how much room I'd have under the truck for driveshafts. That's actually the whole reason I have the divorced np205, anyway. It was just intended for my full size. I may try this, though, til I can afford a r&p (I can, but u kno...
  9. Turboford

Half or one tons?

OH...and any thoughts on xj coils in the front of the truck? They're stock, but I plan on custom coil buckets anyway. If I don't run those, I still have F150 coils, too.
  10. Turboford

Half or one tons?

I have never understood u joints/sizes. I just know there are small ones and bigger ones. All the numbers are kind of Greek to me. Does it say "1210" or "1330" somewhere on the joints? I confess I've never paid much attention. And for some odd reason, 1st gen exploders are kind of uncommon...
  11. Turboford

Half or one tons?

I'm *thinking* 4.88's or maybe even 5.13's...and as mentioned, 38" TSLs. I figure a d44 should survive, even with 38's, on such a light vehicle. My engine originally made right around 150 hp, but being 25 years old, I'd imagine my junkyard find is a little tired. But hey, it beats the piss out...
  12. Turboford

Half or one tons?

Would it even be realistic to run one ton gear under a 4 cyl ranger? ...it could even stand to lose some weight yet! I suppose I could still drive it like I stole it and never have to worry about breakage. Would I have to jump to a bw1354, or could I just get newer driveshafts and stay with...
  13. Turboford

Half or one tons?

I have a bit of a problem. I have a set of 78 (Bronco) d44/9"; 3.55's ltd slip axles. I also have a damn nice set of 38" TSLs to go with the axles. Then, I have a "set" of 78 (F250 snofighter) D60/10.25 (89 F350), 5.13's and 16.5-16.1 Firestone "tractor tires" (right around 40"). The real...
  14. Turboford

Long time listener, first time caller...

Hey all. I'm *sort of* a newb with Rangers (diehard Ford, however). I own an 88 XLT standard cab/long bed 5spd 4x4. Stole it for $300! Quickly fell in love with it before it blew the head gasket :\ Now, part way thru a turbo 2.3L swap. Considering some..."other"...upgrades.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad