• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tsanderson7

1. lift coils/alignment problems?

i want to gain a few more inches of lift in my front end of my 89 xlt. i already have the explorer leaf springs in the rear and want just a bit more space for tires in the front. i want to get either skyjacker lift coils or possibly just explorer coils. i only want an inch and a half out of it...
  2. tips to improve gas mileage?

i drive a 1989 ranger xlt with a 2.9 and an auto trans (unfortunately). I have a 3 inch body lift and run 32 inch mud terrains. The engine is freshly rebuilt and i also have an electric fan and even tried out those e3 plugs that are supposed to help a bunch. and i know there is no possible way...
  3. e3 plugs on a 2.9?

i just finished rebuilding my 2.9 liter in my 89 xlt, and we decided to put in some e3 plugs while we were at it cuz we heard they would help some with mpgs. i already have an electric fan as well as an MSD ignition system and got about 15 mpg before the rebuild. It has stock gears and 32 inch...
  4. where can i find a TRS windshield banner???

im looking for a windshield sticker to put on my 89 but cant find one anywhere on this website or any other one? does anybody know where i can find one??
  5. im gunna need all the help i can get

well today the head gasket blew on my 2.9liter and ive decided that rather than fix it and have to deal with it all over again, im just gunna swap to a 4.0. I need a lot of help though.. what year of rangers/explorers can i get the donor engine from? and what all do i need to grab from the...
  6. explorer coils vs leveling coils vs coil spacers

i have a 1989 xlt 4x4 with the 2.9 and an auto trans. and im looking for a cheap way to get a few more inches of lift and from my research i can use explorer leaf springs paired with either explorer coils, 2 inch leveling coils or coil spacers to level it out. Which way would be the most...
  7. Regearing

i am going to regear my ranger so it has an easier time turning either 32s or 33s. I have 32s on it now with stock gears and it has a hell of a time turning them. It is an 89 xlt with a 2.9. I'm considering swapping in either 4.56s or 4.88s. Which would serve best? And where can I buy these...
  8. custom roll bar

i want to design a custom roll bar for my 89 xlt that will hold a spare tire as well as snowboards or skiis. has anyone ever seen anything like this? if so please post a picture. any ideas are appreciated!
  9. update on the ranger

just thought i would post some pictures of the ranger and show you an update. its a 1989 xlt with a 2.9 and an auto trans. it has a 3 inch body lift and is sitting on 32x11.5 maxxis bighorns and they are wrapped on 15x10 inch rims. skyjacker 2 inch leveling coils and explorer leafsprings are...
  10. what part #s?

im going to lift my ranger using explorer leafs in the rear and skyjacker 2 inch leveling coils in the front. i also want to purchase new shocks though. i have heard i need two different model #s for the the front and rear but what model numbers are the shocks? thanks.
  11. odd tire position

i have a 1989 ranger xlt and it has the i beam suspension up front and i have just recently gotten my alignment done after putting on a small body lift and bigger tires and it is still pulling to the right and my tires seem to be sitting oddly and facing somewhat inwards like so ( \ / when...
  12. how far off am i?

i just put 32 inch tires on my 89 ranger. I think stock it had 27s on it. and now i am trying to figure out what kindve gas mileage i am getting. And from what i hear theres a ratio or equation i can use to find out how far off my trip meter is. ie: it says 180, how far have i really gone...
  13. 3 inch body lift and 32s need just a bit more space...

i just finished putting a 3 inch body lift on my 89 ranger extended cab. i replaced the mounts too though so i am sitting about 3.5 inches higher from where it was originally. i am getting the tires mounted within the next couple days, they are 32 by 11.5 maxxis bighorns and im putting them on...
  14. aftermarket shifter knob

i just bought a grenade transmission knob for my ranger. its a 1989 and has the 2.9 liter and it has an automatic trans. but i dont know how to remove the current shifter knob so that i can put this one on. anybody got an idea?
  15. 4.56 gears?

i have a 1989 ranger xlt 4x4 with a 2.9 liter and soon to have a 3 inch body lift and 32s. and i know those 32s are really gunna drop my mpgs and in order to compensate for it i really want to put some new gears in it and from what ive heard 4.56s would be my best bet. but how much would it cost...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad