• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by trueblue2

1. Exhaust gasket (donut)

soak the bolts/studs with a good penetrating oil a few days before attempting to remove them.Drive it every day,or at least warm up the engine for a few days,soaking in between cycles with penetrating oil. The hot/cool cycle combined with the oil helps penetrate the threads. I have successfully...
  2. I need rear seal installer tool for 3.0 v6 1996

If you can find a piece of 3 1/2 inch pvc pipe,or perhaps a 3 inch pvc coupling,it will work.The od of the 3 1/2 pipe is 4.0 Inches.Not sure of the 3 inch coupling od.A plumbing supply may have the coupling,so take a tape measure or the seal with you.
  3. I need rear seal installer tool for 3.0 v6 1996

What is the OD of the seal?
  4. Intermittent microsecond “stutter”

Sounds like a misfire to me.Check and replace spark plugs ,then open the hood at night,with motor running and see if there is any arcing from the wires or boots . Also listen for a slight "tick" which sometimes accompanies a spark plug wire breaking down.
  5. electric fuel pump replacement for oem in tank pump

I have been considering an access hole through the bed,using 5 inch hole saw,which should be large enough to remove the original pump,and then welding 4 ears on the removed part and using 4 short elevator screws and RTV to seal it back to the bed when finished,OR accessing the tank through the...
  6. electric fuel pump replacement for oem in tank pump

Thanks for your response! The recommended pump change-out involves unbolting the bed,and sliding it back about a foot to access the pump from above.It can be done by removing the tank,but I am not physically able to do either. Bed is full of heavy things,very difficult to move,and impossible to...
  7. electric fuel pump replacement for oem in tank pump

Can I replace the In-Tank fuel pump with an external electric fuel pump without removing the original pump from the tank on a 1994 Ford Ranger 3.0 ? I am trying to avoid removing the bed to replace the original.I realize that if the in-tank pump filter-sock or output filter is clogged,it will...
  8. 1994 ranger 3.0 no fuel pressure

Fuel pump runs for 2 sec,the turns off,as normal.When I check the pressure, it is zero ( I pressed the shrader valve detent,and got noting when switched on). I have friend hold key to run,still no pressure. Is this bad fuel pump or totally clogged strainer?How to isolate which one is bad?
  9. 1994 ranger 3.0 no fuel pressure

The fuel pump turns on with key in "on" position,and then off after a few seconds,which indicates fuel pressure has been reached?But no pressure when I depress the Schrader valve at the injector rail,even when holding the key"on". What tells the pump to turn off? Is there a pressure switch...
  10. 1994 ranger 3.0 no fuel pressure

1994 ranger 3.0.Fuel pump runs with KO,EO then pump turns off as if normal,but there is no pressure at test port. Engine turns over like normal,with new starter,battery,cables but will not start. No fuel in vacuum line going to fuel pressure regulator. Is there a pressure switch in the fuel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad