• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by treblot

1. How to install engine?

My first time putting engine in and am having trouble getting motor mounts lined up and shaft in transmission at the same time. I am on my own doing this and any advice is helpful. Would it be easier if I drop the tranny?
  2. Picture of 2.3l installed?

I have my engine back together now and really need a picture of the engine installed in a '87 or similar Ranger. I have all of these parts and a picture really is worth a thousands words to me. I had lots of pictures but my computer crashed and they are gone. If anyone can post some you would...
  3. Timing mark on auxillary shaft '87 2.3

Help! I can not find anywhere how to line up the mark on the auxiliary shaft. The gear has a mark but I don't see one anywhere on the timing belt cover. Does it matter what position the auxiliary shaft is in?
  4. Need help rebuilding '87 2.3

Does anyone know what size bolts are used to bolt the oil pan? Also, I just got my intake from the salvage yard and the gasket fits and all bolts line up except the one on the upper right corner. Is it ok to leave this one out? It took me three weeks to get this intake and I am not sure...
  5. Crankshaft position sensor

Does anyone know if the 87 2.3 use a crankshaft position sensor? My chiltons shows a picture of it but it is not on the schematic.
  6. Should I paint engine?

While I have my 2.3 in pieces, I have the urge to paint it. Maybe blue on bottom, red head, black pulleys, ect. Is the any advantages or disadvantages to painting an engine?
  7. Rolling or sliding cam followers?

Do I need rolling or sliding cam followers for a 1987 2.3l Ranger engine? Also if someone could help me understand how to tell the difference between the two would be great!
  8. Removing body from frame

The bed was a breeze to get off. What kind of trouble will I have removing the cab from the frame. How many bolts are holding it on?
  9. 87 cylinder head on 89 block?

Will a 87 cylinder head work on an 89 engine block on 2.3l? I have a 89 engine but it has coil packs but I need the distributor so I figure I could get a 87 cylinder head and use the same engine block. Will the exhaust and intake from the 89 match the 87 head? Thanks!
  10. Ford Factory # for 89 ECM

Does anyone know how I can get the Ford Factory number for the ECM on a 1989 Ranger with 2.3l and Automatic transmission? Also, would the wiring harness have a factory number?
  11. Confused about engine swap

I have a 87 Ranger 2.3 FI automatic with no engine. I have a 89 engine in good shape but distributorless ignition. I would rather use the distributor but the exhaust manifold gets in the way of the distributor cap. Should I look for a 87 cylinder head? Would it allow room for the distributor?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad