• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Slim

1. Slim

Spring loaded throttle?

I did the throttle cable mod (tc mod) on my '97 when I got it and it did wonders for the truck. Now on my '03 Edge I noticed that it could use a little help, too. Upon inspecting the situation at the "business end" of the deal I saw something that I have never seen before - a spring. None of...
  2. Slim

Having another baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but whatever! I'll post a pic in a few minutes. Trying to get one now.
  3. Slim

Need a torsion bar crash course PLEASE

Gonna be looking at an '03 Edge this week which I might buy. I have been searching and reading up and learning about the torsion bar system, but there's more info I still need. The current owner of the truck says the previous owner installed a lift kit (he was told this by the dealership he...
  4. Slim

4th gen really better than 3rd?

Today was maintenance day. Uuuuhhhhmmmm, we'll just leave that at that. This Spring i'm replacing my current '97 reg cab. Gotta be an extended cab, it's reason #1. I'm thinking to go with a '98+ truck for the change in suspension and styling. I like the pro's, but tire of the con's. It's also...
  5. Slim

Used vehicle purchase tactic?

After careful observation, much deliberating and some scrutinized planning it looks like there's a chance I can look at getting an extended cab Ranger this Spring. I have not been the BEST haggler in my life for purchasing goods, but I have tried talking sense into some people. Both times left...
  6. Slim

Payload on a Lowered truck..

A 225/60/16 won't pose any clearance problems with a 3" drop. There are plenty of guys running bigger (wider and taller) tires with no issues. There's a few parts to figuring out what'll fit ..... - measure what you have now and see "what will wind up where" with a drop and/or different sized...
  7. Slim

92 bagged 306 B303 cam

Apparently not even that picky. From the HTA ..... "Regulations re bumpers 81. The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations requiring any type or class of commercial motor vehicle or trailer to be equipped with rear bumpers and prescribing the location and means of attachment of...
  8. Slim

For the rear, no, you don't change the shock location. Buy shocks for a lowered application. Or you could have new shock mounts welded to the axle - more expensive option and still might not have the desired valving in the shock (lowering shocks have firmer valving on the compression stroke to...
  9. Slim

Perfect opportunity to get new shackles and mounts, then install them in a flipped orientation. Instant 2" drop in the rear. It's a safe start. Plus, if you decide to go lower, like a 4" drop, you can always do an axle flip and (easily!) put the shackle mounts back in stock orientation...
  10. Slim

Q's about replacing bump stops

Excellent. Thank you. :icon_thumby:
  11. Slim

Q's about replacing bump stops

It appears that the front factory bump stops on my truck have seen better days. I can't quite get anything on the head of the one on the driver's side. Is it safe to just use an air chisel to remove the old ones and replace with new (shorter) ones? I don't think the stock ones are used in a...
  12. Slim

Brush guard compatibility?

Tried searching but can't find an answer. I found someone selling a brush/grill guard for an '88 Ranger for cheap. Will it fit my '97? I don't know if any of the mounting points would line up or not. Is it close enough that I could use spacers or something to make up a minor difference? Please...
  13. Slim

Some different Chevy leaf swap questions

Uh oh, what's the little 2wd guy doing in here?!?!??! :D I want a softer rear suspension. I've been reading up on removing a leaf from the stock rear pack, but it seems that this would eventually result in a rear that will eventually sag to nothing. :icon_confused: (ILLEGALCONCEPTS and others...
  14. Slim

For those that have removed front swayt bar .....

I'd like to hear from those of you that have removed your front anti-sway bar. I have removed mine and would like input on a few things. I'd like to hear some "comparison notes" from those of you that can relate. 1. do you still use a rear anti-sway bar? 2. have you noticed any...
  15. Slim

Supercab ..... or extended cab ..... or ..... ?

Looking for a new (used) Ranger because I can't handle the lil' reg cab I have anymore. Upon updating my knowledge with TRS's VIN number tech article I see the following; R14 — Ranger 4x2 (2-door SuperCab) R15 — Ranger 4x4 (2-door SuperCab) R18 — Ranger 4x2 (4-door SuperCab) R19 — Ranger 4x4...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad