• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Skyagusta

1. Anti-Theft Trouble

I have a 2000 Ranger, V6 5spd. I disconnected the battery a few days ago, and when I went to hook it back up, the anti-theft system had been tripped and now I can't figure out how to turn it off or reset it. I'm not sure if it is the PATS or an aftermarket anti-theft system. - It was hooked up...
  2. 99 3.0L V6 (Auto Trans) won't shift out of first gear

Hey guys, I have a not-so-quick question for the group. Before I get started, I'll say that I have done numerous online searches, both here and elsewhere, and talked to every local mechanic I can find to try and find a solution to this issue, and I have recieved so much conflicting advice that I...
  3. Quick Dumb Question About Snow Tires

When I bought my Ranger this fall, the guy threw in a set of snow tires for free. I am stationed in Fort Carson CO but I'm from the South so this is the first time I've ever lived in a cold snowy place. I've never dealt with snow tires before. My question for y'all: Is there any reason that I...
  4. Beginner Replacing Ball Joints

First off, I am very new at auto maintenance. I recently bought a 1999 Ranger, 2WD 3.0L V6. The front tires have real bad camber wear, so I took it in to get aligned, and was told that the upper and lower ball joints needed replaced badly. They wanted $1100 to do it, which I won't be able to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad