• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rangerkid91

1. rangerkid91

Very important fuel line question.

My 96 4.0 v6 supply fuel line that goes from the fuel filter to the engine has a hole in it. Will the same fuel line from a 3.0 v6 engine be identical to mine? The guy at the salvage yard said it ran the frame the same way as mine but I'm not sure in the lengths and both of the ends. Please help...
  2. rangerkid91

18" wheels

I've got a 4x4 96 ranger xlt with a 3" body lift and finder flares, how would 18" wheels do on it?
  3. rangerkid91

32" tires

M going to be getting 32x11.5r15 tires. I've about narrowed it down to falken wild peak ats of bf goodwrich at ks. Can I get some suggestions or any other ideas? Thanks all suggestion are welcomed.
  4. rangerkid91

Torsion bar cranking

If I crank up my torsion bar do I need to get it re-aligned? :icon_confused:
  5. rangerkid91

Coil spring questions

Ok so the coil springs on my truck are shot and need replaced and I was considering getting 2.5" bigger than stock coil springs. If I do this will I have to change anything else and will it make much of a difference? And if any one has ever done this? And if so and it works would it clear...
  6. rangerkid91

Sound problems

I recently bought a 96 ford ranger and l had to put a radio in it and naturally someone had cut the plug out of it and I had to but splice one in. I put the same colors together that went with each other and the radio comes on and works but no sound comes out of any of the speakers. No static or...
  7. rangerkid91

What to do?...

Ok heres the deal... I had a 2.9L I got it to hot cracked a head and scorched the cam bearings(Im pretty sure). It has almost no oil pressure, i changed the oil pump and still didnt help. My engine is pretty much shot. Now im trying to deside weither to rebuild my 2.9l, or just do an engine...
  8. rangerkid91

Oip pressure problem...

Oil pressure problem... When i blew a head gasket and cracked on of my heads, the oil pressure light came on at the same time. I Have replaced the heads and gaskets and the pressure light is still on? But when the engine is slightly reved up, say past 2 rpms it goes off, and then when the...
  9. rangerkid91

Thermostat problems

The old thermostat in my truck went out. I put a new one in and it only lasted two days. :annoyed: Any suggestions, or comments? :icon_confused:
  10. rangerkid91

Engine problems...

Im driving a 2.9, its running awful. It misses and acts like its starving for fuel. The fuel pumps are fine and i changed the fuel filters, ive changed the o2 sensor. I also changed the egr pressure valve sensor. Im needing some help with this one, any ideas? Ive been told it could be a vacume...
  11. rangerkid91

5.0 fuel injected engine swap

Im thinking of purchasing a mustang with a 5.0 fuel injected engine in it and putting it in my ranger. I know i will need the computer and wiring horness. But would the trans be ok to put in my truck? Im not sure what trans it is tho. Thanks for the help.
  12. rangerkid91

Wheel and tire question.

Im thinking of getting some 32x11.5x15 and i was wondering if i mounted them on 15x10 wheels would i still need to trim the finders or if they would be ok.... Thanks for the help.
  13. rangerkid91

Whats the word on the best super swampers?

Im looking at buying some super swampers once my mud tires that i have now wear down. I do alot of daily driving and off roading. Im going to get 31's or 32's, 10.50, or wider. Id like to get one of the following; Radial SSR, LTB, TSL, or TSL/ SX. Please leave your comments and ideas. Thanks :)...
  14. rangerkid91

2.9l rebuild question.

Do thet make any kind of rebuild kit for a 2.9l. Or would i be better off just putting in a bigger engine. My 2.9l is a dog, very sluggish, it has 177K miles.
  15. rangerkid91

My 1987 4x4 xlt ford ranger

Hey, im Michael Storie. I drive a 4x4 1987 ford ranger xlt. It has a 2.9l v6, 3" performance acessories body lift, 31 x 10.5 x 15 uniroyal lerado mts. some offroad lights for the front, cherry bomb glass pack on the exhaust, msd ignition, and some bilstein 6100 series shocks. Well here she...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad