• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ranger1943

1. Truck stuck at work

96 Ford Ranger, 5sp, 2.3L: Yesterday I drove my truck to work and when I arrived I noticed it started to get difficult to get the truck into gear. I parked and went in to work. Upon leaving 9 hours later, the trucked started up as usual but the clutch pedal was very spongy and basically had no...
  2. Engine cools off when running heat

Flushed coolant, changed thermostat, water pump about 6 months ago when it was warmer. Now that it is winter (in MD) truck doesn't seem to warm up. Temp gauge gets into the lower normal range when idle and running. If I run the heat the temp gauge drops below the cold line. Upper heater hose...
  3. Fed up!

This might get long but bear with me. My beloved 96 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L has had a shimmy (in steering wheel, and seats) for at least a year now and it slowly developed a rattle/clunk under the driver side floor board. I am at my wits end trying to diagnose it. The following describes the...
  4. Oil Pump Leak

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger 2WD 2.3L 4-cyl. I had a leak behind my timing cover and found that the oil pump was caked with grime, so I suspect that is my issue. I replaced the o-rings and the pump-to-block gasket and went to re-install the pump. I poured some oil into the pump prior to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad