• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by paullywalnuts

1. paullywalnuts

won't start

I have a 97 XLT 4X4 extended cab with a 4.0 litre. My problem is she cranks and cranks like she's not getting gas. If I leave it sit a day or so she'll start and run fine. It has happened about 4 times in the last 6 weeks. Is it the fuel pump starting to go bad? Is there a relay that may be...
  2. paullywalnuts

Runs, then Doesn't run

I have a 97 XLT 4X4 extended cab with a 4.0 litre. My problem is she cranks and cranks like she's not getting gas. If I leave it sit a day or so she'll start and run fine. It has happened about 4 times in the last 6 weeks. Is it the fuel pump starting to go bad? Is there a relay that may be...
  3. paullywalnuts

Won't start

My truck won't start. It turns over but seems like it's not getting gas. A guy I know said there was a problem with some electrical part that goes bad. What is he talking about? How do I check it? How can I check to see if fuel pump is running? Appreciate any help.
  4. paullywalnuts

changing slave cylinder?

How hard is it to change the slave cylinder in my 97? I have 130k on it. do I have to drop tranny out? I have never messed with tranny's before but do all my own work. Lastly should I just have it done by a pro?
  5. paullywalnuts

Hard to get into gear

I have a 97 4.0 with manual transmission. I'm having an issue, It is sometimes very hard to get the shifter to engage. This is only sporadicly occuring. If the engine is off I have no problem putting it in 1st or reverse. It DOESN'T slip. and when I'm rolling shifting isn't an issue. What is...
  6. paullywalnuts

I got 2 loose windows HELP

I got a 97 XLT supercab. It has power windows, and locks. My problem is both the driver, and passenger windows are loose. they go up but bind up. they are loose front to back. Can they be fixed, and how?
  7. paullywalnuts

99 xlt 4WD 4speed+OD tranny surging

I am having a problem with my tranny. it almost seems to be slipping but have had it to a tranny shop he says no. it only does it in 2nd, 3rd when I'm cruising at 30-40mph at a lower RPM 1500-2500 you can feel it almost pulsing, not running smooth. I just put new plugs, wires, cap, and a K&N...
  8. paullywalnuts

problem with my rear drivers door

I have a 99 ranger XLT step side. I cannot get the door open. I don't use it much but would like it to work. It always stuck a little but not this bad.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad