• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MeanMark87

1. MeanMark87

Remove tilt wheel mechanism?

I'm knee-deep in still trying to fix the B2's steering and as part of that I need to get the tilt mechanism off, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've got everything stripped down, got all the electrical connections off....I took the steering wheel off, removed the snap ring holding the...
  2. MeanMark87

Replace rear quarter panel?

So I have been debating about whether to try and repair my rusted out quarter panels/wheel arches on the B2 and I'm starting to lean towards just buying body panels. I've never been big on doing bodywork before, but with this truck I want it to look nice. So my question is, if I bought a panel...
  3. MeanMark87

Sloppy steering - steering box?

The '88 BII project keeps moving along and with each new day comes a new task to tackle. This forum's been awesome in helping me with some of the issues so far, so here's another. The steering has almost a quarter turn of slop in it, and as I mentioned in a nother topic I can feel clunks in the...
  4. MeanMark87

Spindle nut(s) torque for D28 axle?

I'm looking for some clarification on the torque specs for the spindle nuts on my B2. There's the inner spindle/bearing nut, then a lock washer and then the outer nut. I need to know the torque specs for these two nuts and any special tightening sequence info. The writeup in the tech library...
  5. MeanMark87

Steering column clunk when going over bumps

So on my 88 BII I've noticed that when I am cruising down the road and I go over bumps, I can definitely feel a....clunk, I have no better way to describe it, in the column. The steering has some slop as well, which leads me to think it might be something like an inner/outer tie rod. I'm...
  6. MeanMark87

Radio won't pick up any stations

So this morning my radio in the 88 Ranger worked fine (it has the stock radio w/cassette btw). Tonight I drove it into the city and it was parked for ~3 hours. I come back out, start it up, and I notice the clock is all wrong. Then I try the radio, and no matter what station I tune to, AM or FM...
  7. MeanMark87

MeanMark87's '88 BII Build thread

I know I already had a thread on my purchase of this thing but I wanted to do a dedicated thread for just build/repair updates. So I bought it recently and it looked like so: So today I did a couple things....swapped out a tailgate handle from a '93 Explorer, put a new hood release...
  8. MeanMark87

Finally got a Bronco II

I already had a thread semi-about this but now I have pictures! But yes I bought a B2. I've had my 1988 Ranger a while now and when the opportunity to get a companion '88 Bronco 2 (Eddie Bauer no less...) came up I couldn't resist. It's definitely far from its finished form but even the David...
  9. MeanMark87

BII Eddie Bauer question

This might be a dumb question so bear with me.... So tomorrow I'm going to go and look at (and more than likely buy) an 88 BII Eddie Bauer edition. Thing is, there weren't a lot of interior photos of the truck, and the guy has been slow getting them to me via email. I can't tell from the one...
  10. MeanMark87

Seat swap: '00 Explorer to '88 Ranger

I got the urge to do this recently and I accomplished it today with a fair amount of sweat and swearing, but it all came to a satisfying conclusion. Removing the seats from the Exploder and taking the seats out of the Ranger were easy enough, although unfortunately I could not get the whole...
  11. MeanMark87

What bucket seats will fit an 88 Ext. cab Ranger?

I'm thinking about swapping seats on my 1988 extended cab (currently has the 60/40 bench) and I'd like to know what seats will work the best, and install the easiest. From what I've been able to search out in past threads, a lot of people have had success with Exploder seats but I haven't seen a...
  12. MeanMark87

Favorite guns to shoot?

Ditto. My mosin is an absolute blast to shoot, and you can do some serious damage in a hurry. I'm a big fan of ultra rugged super-simple guns...that's why I like the mosin. Plus I love taking it deer hunting and doing alright for myself when everyone else in the group is carrying around their...
  13. MeanMark87

Question for fellow deer hunters re: scent killing

A guy I work with was giving me a tip for getting rid of your scent before you hit the stand. He said he gets a little leaf fire going the night before and hangs his gear next to it, then seals it in a bag overnight. He claims it's always worked because the deer are used to the smell of fire...
  14. MeanMark87

'88 Ranger Sleeping Platform/Camper Build

Yeah, I thought about carpeting it, and I still might, but I figure it's going to be covered by either a thin mattress or some sleeping pads anyhow, so what am I really gaining by carpeting it, other than looks maybe. And I know what you mean about trying to describe it....nearly everyone I've...
  15. MeanMark87

'88 Ranger Sleeping Platform/Camper Build

Hi everyone. I thought I'd share this with the forum since I think it's kind of a neat concept and I've seen some other builds like it before. My wife and I are taking a camping trip this summer across the US (to go to Denver to see Iron Maiden, among other things), and I happened across this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad