• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by macd7919

1. Please help with my misfire issue!

Hi Guys, you may have seen my other thread regarding the lean codes I was getting. Well unfortunately as of last Saturday I now have worse issues. A bit of background: Truck is a 1997 Ranger 4.0L with manual transmission and 160k on the clock. I've had a P0171/P1443 light on for awhile now...
  2. P0171/P1443 Check Engine Light Help

Hi Guys, I've been researching this issue and have done the common things but still have this check engine light coming back and am sick of dealing with it. The truck is a 1997 Ranger 4.0L XLT with a manual transmission. Occasionally it will go off on it's own (last night it went off for...
  3. Places North/East of Seattle.....

Hey guys, I was wondering is there is anything North/East etc.. of Seattle that's not too far out (maybe an hour or close to it) as far as "easy" wheeling goes? Maybe around Monroe/Sultan? I was reading some stuff about play areas in that area but they were quite a bit older reviews and seems...
  4. Ideas for camping with the Ranger...

As the previous poster did I'm reviving an old thread but I didn't see anything like mine so maybe throw it into the mix... I use a SofTopper, I haul my dirtbikes to wherever I want to ride, pull them out and put up the SofTopper, takes me literally 3 minutes to have the whole thing up...
  5. Input from experienced members

Hi guys, So I'll try to make this as concise as possible. I've done some research as to what kits are what, plate vs. replacement brackets etc.... Basically I'm sneaking this post in at work as I was hoping to get some suggestions/constructive opinions from some people who may have more...
  6. Need help in a pinch

Hi guys, I'm supposed to pick up a lift kit tomm and the more I look at it the more I'm thinking it may not be for a ranger/bronco ii. Could any of you experts give me a hand before I spend a bunch of time driving and buy something I can't use? I have a 97 Ranger 4wd, the seller said these...
  7. I'm in a bind and need driveshaft help

Hey guys, so my CV drive shaft took a crap on me the other day. I had a spare used double cardan drive shaft with the flanges on it. I ended up finally getting it on (had to let the rear end hang as low as possible and loosen the trans mount bolts to pry it forward) but anyways, I got it on...
  8. Bad Distributor?

Hey guys, I'm having an issue and hopefully it's something someone else has had so it will be an easy diagnosis. When I'm at low rpm (below 2000) every so often the engine hiccups and the tach will just drop like it's lost it's signal all of a sudden. It usually snaps right back up a second...
  9. Your (intelligent) opinion

Hey guys, not sure if this is allowed but here goes. I may need to sell my B2 soon as I am moving and need some spare cash etc...What do you think is a fair market price for what I have? 1989 B2 4wd Approx 20k on full motor rebuild (2.9L) M5OD Trans Swap (all new bushings/metal seals) 10"...
  10. Ned rear brake help

Hey guys, I have an 89 B2.....I am doing the rear brake shoes and in all the pics I've looked at as well as the Haynes manual there are two little prongs that come off the wheel cylinder and contact the shoes. On mine there are just two pistons with no little prong things....is something wrong...
  11. What To Do With Transfer Case Vent Tubes

Hey Guys, I've got a 1350 Manual TC. There is a nipple with a hose connected which then splits at a T into two hoses. I'm assuming these are vent hoses, do they attach to anything or should I just wire tie them up? My B2 was originally 2wd so I'm not sure where these are supposed to go as I...
  12. Front Driveshaft Question

Hey guys, I've got a lot of help here in the past and appreciate it greatly. I have another question I'm hoping to get cleared up. Here goes: I've got an M50D with a 1350 manual TC. The rear driveshaft fits fine but the front driveshaft is too short, I would say it's about 3 inches too short...
  13. Bronco II expert needed

Ok, this is a bit of an oddball questions but here goes.... I just converted my 2wd B2 to 4wd AND installed a M5OD, to convert to 4wd I used a transfer case from a TK transmission and bolted it up to the MDO5. The bracket for the transfer case "shifter" that was attached to the MDO5 looks as...
  14. Clutch Question

Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm ordering a clutch tomm and I wanted to make sure I'm getting the right thing. I've got an 89 BII with an M5OD, I want to order a clutch from a 90-92 Explorer/Ranger 4.0L correct? I just wasn't 100% positive about the year I'm supposed to order.
  15. Anyone have a picture of 2wd vs. 4wd exhaust?

Hey guys, I'm converting my 2wd to 4wd and my current exhaust is directly in the way of the front driveshaft. It looks as though it is an aftermarket replacement as it uses slip fittings right after each collector. My question is....are the 2wd and 4wd exhausts different or maybe someone in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad