• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by josh_lulu

1. josh_lulu

85 ford bronco with a 4 speed........ HELP

i have a 85 ford bronco 2 4x4... it orignally had a 2.8 v-6 5 speed tranny, and tranfer case... i have a 302 (carb) with a 4 speed now (435) and 205 transfer case... was wondering if anyone has does this conversion, and if so what clutch linkage did they use? pictures would b great... if need my...
  2. josh_lulu

85 ford bronco with a 4 speed........ HELP

i have a 85 ford bronco 2 4x4... it orignally had a 2.8 v-6 5 speed tranny, and tranfer case... i have a 302 (carb) with a 4 speed now (435) and 205 transfer case... was wondering if anyone has does this conversion, and if so what clutch linkage did they use? pictures would b great... if need my...
  3. josh_lulu

Rip chance bruggeman

This is for my best friend chance who was on the ranger station... He pasted away this morning in a car accident.. You will be missed chance... I will finish that ranger in memory of you buddy... Rip
  4. josh_lulu

Ball joint issue?

I have a 86 ford ranger 4x4..... that is now converted to a 91 explorer. I have a 8.8 rear end with 5 13, and a dana 35 in the front.... It has a 6 inch superlift suspension kit with extended radius arms. ... under the coils I have 2 inch coil spacers., this makes it 8 inch lift... My camber is...
  5. josh_lulu

wiring issue

First off, i hope i have this posted in the right thread. Below is a picture of a black and gray connectors. They sit right close to the part that goes through the firewall. Let you tell you this..... my truck is a 1986 cab and frame. The rest is a 1991 ford explorer. I have it all wired except...
  6. josh_lulu

driveline measurement?

I have a feels like a stupid question.... To measure for a new driveline on a 1991 ford ranger 4x4, that has both have fixed flanges. Do I measure from flange to flange with it on the ground? Also anybody know any good shops that do good driveline work around Roseburg, oregon or around here...
  7. josh_lulu

Pitman Arm ?

I have a 86 ford Ranger 4x4 that I am doing a 35 TTB conversion on. Took out the old Dana 28. While it was out I ran across a good deal on a lift kit. Picked up a 6 inch superlift with extended radius arms. I have 2 in coil spacers too. I was wondering if anyone knows if they make a drop pitman...
  8. josh_lulu

4.0 clutch fan

I have a 86 ford ranger 4x4. I removed the 2.9 v-6 and swapped in a 4.0 v-6 from a 1991 explorer. It has a clutch driven fan. Any body know how to remove that damn thing. I am putting an electric fan under it now. I know it has a big nut and you are suppose to turn it a certain way. I do you get...
  9. josh_lulu

4.0 swap need help

I have a 86 ford ranger 4x4. It did have the good old 2.9, but it got tired so I swapped in a 1991 4.0 in. It is all hooked up to the tranny, new clutch, fuel lines..... everything except one part..... THIS IS THE PART I NEED HELP ON!!!! I need to know on the wiring that goes into the fuse...
  10. josh_lulu

4.0 wiring.... HELP

i have a 1991 4.0 that I just put under my 86 ford ranger 4x4. It is all hooked up except a few things. I just replaced the 2.9 that was in it. I have the wiring that was on the engine and the computer. But I have the 86 wiring for the cab, and I don't want to change out the dash or the cab...
  11. josh_lulu

Slave Cylinder

I have a 86 ford ranger 4x4. Is there a certain way of pulling that [U]slave cylinder out.[U] I need alil help. Please
  12. josh_lulu

86 Danger Ranger 4x4 2.9 problems

I have a 86 ford ranger 4x4 that has a 2.9. It has a big problem. It was running fine the other day, and then all of a sudden just started to die. I thought it ran out of gas, but it didn't it has a full tank of gas. I just replaced the the ingition module, ballast, and a coil. But i still not...
  13. josh_lulu

86 Danger Ranger 2.9 problems

I have a 86 ford 4x4 ranger ex-cab, that has a 2.9, 5 spd. It was running good until just a day ago and all of a sudden it died. I need help. I have replaced the igintion module, ballest, coil. But i still have no spark, we tested the coil and primary is good, secondary is low, but it should...
  14. josh_lulu

2.9 to 4.0

I am wondering how hard it is to swap out the 2.9 out of my 86 ford ranger 4x4 and drop in a 91-92 ford explorer 4.0. Do i need the power dist. curcuits? I have everything else. I want to keep my dash and headlights assembly. Please help me out. Do you have to cut any wires? Thank you Josh

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad