• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jeepxj2007

1. 93-97 and up leaf spring sas

What have some of you done to mount leaf springs to your 93 to 97 rangers? I read about people just using the coil buckets that are stock. Well here is my scenario. I am building a 1994 Ford Ranger Standard Cab, Long box, 4x4, 4.0, auto trans. For the rear I have a Disc Brake Ford 8.8 with...
  2. 4wd low wont work

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 v-6 al4d and pushbutton tcase...it will go fine into hi ranger, but not into low. It wont go into low range when Parked, neutral, or neutral and rolling slowly. Any ideas?
  3. Homebrew Lift

I am in the phase of building a trail ranger and I have a dd right now. My daily driver has a 3" bl and 34"s, the rear never rubs, the front will on hard bumps. This is how I got it from the p.o. So now on my trail ranger I want to build something that has a low center of gravity because there...
  4. How much lift?

I have 1994 long bed std cab ranger 4x4. How much lift will I get using a 1 3/4" block, chevy 1500 leaf springs without the overload, and a belltech 6400 shackle? I am trying to use a 4 or 6" kit, but I don't want to use a 4" or 6" block in the rear so Im trying to even out the back with a...
  5. Rescued Ranger 4x4 Build!

Well this is my new project. It probably belonged in a junkyard, but I went to take a look at it, and it followed me home on a trailer! Well to get her started she is a 1994 Ford Ranger 4x4. It is a standard cab long box model. It came with the 4.0 V-6, and AL4D auto trans and push button Borg...
  6. Quick Tcase ?

I have a 94 ranger with 4.0 al4d and auto tcase, I am about to pick up a BW 1350 manual shift tcase, it came from an 84 ranger, will this work with my truck? and the al4d besides swapping in the linkage?
  7. gears 3.73's

I am buildin a ranger for trail riding...nothing real hardcore...just a something i can beat on and not have 2 worry about it getting me 2 work. I have a 4.10 geares 31 spline 8.8...they r very common around here and cheaper 2 find the axle with the corrct gearing than 2 regear...i have a...
  8. Where to buy axle shock mounts?

I am looking for a spot to purchase shock mounts for an 8.8 online...i don't really see any besides on jegs, it says 1 1/2" wide...looks like the stock one,except I don't know if its 1 1/2" outside or inside width and if its outside I think it will be too narrow, does anyone have any good spots...
  9. where 2 buy lift brackets

I apoligize if i use abreviations... i am using the inet on my phone...is there a place where i can buy either 4" or 6" lift brackets and make a lift myself? i was planning on using a belltech 6400 or 3" lift shackle and chevy 1500 springs in the back and maybe a 2" lift block and hoping for 4...
  10. Boxing the frame..

Is boxing the frame really necessary? I plan on turning my ranger into a wheeling rig, nothing super hardcore...just average trails (ruts, small rocks, logs, etc) is there a need to box it? I don't want to spend a ton of money on this truck and break a frame, I have yet to see a c channel break...
  11. how good of a wheeling platform?

How good are rngr based vehicles as wheeling platforms...i just picked one up 2 turn into a wheeling rig...i have had 2 rangers and a b2 and this is my third ranger...i never really wheeled my others because i have always had jeeps. How good do they hold up strength wise...im replacing all the...
  12. Regearing

I am building a 1994 ranger up for wheeling. It is a 4.0 v-6 with auto, i was really thinking of swapping a manual in, but with everything else I want to do I might get another auto because mine is dead, and get a nice trans cooler. I am swapping a new 31 spline 8.8 in, it has 4.10's so I am...
  13. Bobbing the frame?

Im building my 94 ranger into a wheeling rig, I found another members flatbed build on here and really like it and useing the idea for the base of my bed, I have a long box truck and was thinking of cutting the frame just after the rear crossmember between the rear crossmember and the bumper...
  14. Body Lift

Why are the body lift kits so much compared to just buying the body lift blocks individually and buying the hardware? I have several industrial fastener supply stores by me, who usually sell to large chemical companies around here and other industries, but have high quality hard to find and...
  15. Fuel Cell

Anyone have any idea how to plumb a fuel cell for a ranger? I have a 12 gal drag cell from summit that I am going to put into my trail truck. I have a nice mount made and am going to run a exterior fuel pump...what should I look for? What psi do I need? will it hurt if I run a little more? I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad