• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hesstopher

1. Downside of the 2.3l duratec?

Great truck, easy cheap mods to bump hp I have a 2006 2.8L 5-speed; custom intake (planned), headers (planned), cat-back exhaust (planned)-- I know, plans... but I'm starting to make them a reality come Saturday.
  2. 1997 Ford Ragner wont start in first gear

I'm not a tranny x-pert but we had something similar on a V6-1500chevy where I use to work (treated it like a 1-ton). When we towed it back to the yard we added some Lucas Transmission restore stuff and just reved the engine till it began moving (as directed on the bottle) then drove it back...
  3. Injectors and mass air flow

Considering injectors are $300-400 and will do nothing without a heavy mod to the intake-stage (FI, more volume in cyliners, etc) you won't notice a difference. I just asked my race buddy who has rebuilt his Nissan 350z engine on a few occasions, he ran stock injectors all the time and never...
  4. Need more power!!!

The easiest way to get 4.10 is grab one at a junk yard from a 4x4 ranger? I'd be interested in this as I have a 5-speed and do mostly city driving so I can cruise in 5th going 30-35 to save gas but would like to have more power at the wheels. So, where is the best place to get a 4.10? And...
  5. New Ford Incentives – Dealer Negotiation Email

since this is spam can we delete this thread?
  6. Injectors and mass air flow

Anything over 175hp and you're talking about serious mods I'm planning the following and don't think I'll hit 175 - cai - headers (def exhaust, maybe intake) - cat-back A race buddy that's got way more exp in this than me said 170 is probably the high end of realistic gain, that's +25hp for...
  7. Mod help (need guidance)

My first vehicle was a 1985 Toyota 4cyl pickup; so I recall it's handling and yes, there are serious differences. I remember that pickup being much more "car" like than this truck. The thing is I use the bed for the space and not for weight (why I got a 4cyl). I'm not hauling bricks or...
  8. How well will it run with bigger tires?

I purchased my truck with larger than stock tires; still road tires but it raise the truck a good 3-4 inches-- big ole things. This is a 2.3L Duratec 2006 5-Speed My 5th gear is useless unless I'm going 70 on flat ground; then it's basically a cruise control as I can't accelerate. These...
  9. 2.3L Duratec intake-injector-header-exhaust mod

I'm kind of planning a coup-de-ton on my 2.3L Duratec Since there is only a few hp that separates a Duratec from the Vulcan I wanted to not bridge the gap... but surpass the V6. I'm not one to name drop so I'll just leave the brands out. I have a race buddy who modded the crap out of a 350Z a...
  10. Tailgate Keyless Lock Mod/Addition

This is a continuation of a previous thread (here) NOTE: Do this at your own risk... I am pulling together my gathered knowledge of Ford Rangers I gained during my own research for this project. I am in no way responsible for any damage you do to your own truck/car by following this. It worked...
  11. 2004+ keyless entry w/ flasher confirmation on the cheap cheap

sticky request (I know, pride) I didn't see one of these on here and this was an afternoon project for me (first keyless entry system also). Skill Level: Easy/Moderate Tools: - Cordless drill w/ bit (check screws for size) - metal saw (hack saw worked for me) - torx screwdriver - Phillips...
  12. automatic tailgate lock mod

I recently installed an aftermarket keyless entry that supports up to 4 doors. Since my truck is two door here is what I plan on doing with the other 2 actuators. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/104090-diy-tailgate-lock-cheap-quick-writeup-lots-pics-56k-go-walk-your-dog.html...
  13. High Mount Brake Ideas

I recent purchased my '06 Ranger and am undoing the crappy wiring job the previous owner did as well as ridiculous bolt ons, like 150-200lbs between a brush guard and 10,000lbs rated trailer hitch. I replaced a burn out high mount brake light yesterday and while I have the assembly off I...
  14. reverse dents (dents from undercarriage)

at first I thought it was the suspension pushing the truck bed up from rough riding (some of our roads here have pot holes I can bath in). But after using a 2x4 and hammer to get the dents out (used another board to check level on the raised portion of the bed) I noted a few days later they...
  15. Mod help (need guidance)

I recently bought a 2006 2.3L Manual with 110k miles. I get about 23mpg regardless of city or highway. Previous owner did some modding (10,000 rated hitch, brush guard, rigged electrical for who knows what) which I am correcting as I find it-- actually am making a list. I use this as a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad